Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help with heater hose and tranny lines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michayos

Michayos

help with heater hose and tranny lines Empty
PostSubject: help with heater hose and tranny lines   help with heater hose and tranny lines EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Does anyone have pictures showing the proper placement of the return heater hose/pipe and the tranny cooler lines?  I took the heater hose and pipe out years ago before I was smart enough to take pictures of everything.  I think I've got them back in right but I'm not sure.  There's a support on the heater hose that connects to the back of the engine head so that's in the right place.  The cooler lines look to be in the right place as they pass over the saddle that goes under the engine.  Can anyone confirm this is right or not?  Thanks!

Michael

help with heater hose and tranny lines Dsc02230

help with heater hose and tranny lines Dsc02231

help with heater hose and tranny lines Dsc02232
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: help with heater hose and tranny lines   help with heater hose and tranny lines EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Michael.....the transmission lines should be routed between the motor mount and the engine. The clamp that you have attached to the rear of the head is to hold the transmission dipstick in place. The tube for the heater return (lower heater core nipple) is held in place with that clamp on the tube. The clamp is screwed to a hole on the crossmember just below the grease fitting for the upper control arm shaft. The upper heater hose runs from the intake manifold nipple to the upper heater core nipple. The upper hose was also supported by a slightly twisted clamp that attaches to the rear generator bracket. I see that you have an alternator, so the generator bracket is probably missing. The purpose of that clamp was only to hold the rubber hose off the valve cover, so it's no big deal. Hope this helps.....John

P.S. keep up the good body work!
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

PostSubject: Re: help with heater hose and tranny lines   help with heater hose and tranny lines EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:17 pm

I found the hole in the cross member for the return heater tube buried under a lot of dried, caked on grease from the fitting. I have the rest of the generator brackets and planned to put it back on eventually even if I don't use it just so it doesn't get lost. I still have the generator but I prefer the alternator so I can power the two 18 inch subwoofers I have in the trunk. Danged if I know how that clamp got from the Dipstick tube to the heater hose!

Thanks John!
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

PostSubject: Re: help with heater hose and tranny lines   help with heater hose and tranny lines EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Well it looks like I'm back to my original question.  Does anyone have a picture showing how the return hose/pipe from the heater core runs along the engine?

John, I took the bracket off the heater hose and attached it to the back of the engine head and the tranny dip stick tube is nowhere close to it.  I'd have to do some serious bending of the tube to get it in position to hook up with that bracket.

As far as I can tell I've got the steel tube and the tranny lines in the right place now.

help with heater hose and tranny lines Dsc02233

help with heater hose and tranny lines Dsc02234
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with heater hose and tranny lines   help with heater hose and tranny lines Empty

Back to top Go down

help with heater hose and tranny lines
Page 1 of 1