Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

59 tripower air cleaner.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4spd409

59 tripower air cleaner. Empty
PostSubject: 59 tripower air cleaner.   59 tripower air cleaner. EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 7:36 pm

I have a 59 tripower setup with air cleaner that has a tee fitting on the left side that appears to be factory. It is connected to the filtered side and is about 1/4" in dia. Could this be for an air suspension car?
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: 59 tripower air cleaner.   59 tripower air cleaner. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:24 pm

4spd409.....yes. I'm not sure how it was hooked up,but the idea was for the pump to draw clean fresh air to be delivered to the air bags. They are fairly rare because not too many people ordered that option, due to it's cost and poor reputation......John
Back to top Go down
don_weston

don_weston

PostSubject: Re: 59 tripower air cleaner.   59 tripower air cleaner. EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks John for the clarification on the purpose of the T connector on the 59 air cleaner. I had wondered about this before and suspected it had something to do with air suspension but your comment is the first time I have read confirmation. The only 59 that still has air suspension that I am aware of is the "Pink Lady". Unfortunately it disappeared after selling at the Barrett- Jackson auction several years ago. If this car could be located it would be interesting to see how the filtered air is hooked up to the air suspension.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 59 tripower air cleaner.   59 tripower air cleaner. Empty

Back to top Go down

59 tripower air cleaner.
Page 1 of 1