Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speedometer drive gear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
markymark

markymark

Speedometer drive gear Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer drive gear   Speedometer drive gear EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Well, as my luck would have it today, my 59 has passed a full road inspection, and the only thing keeping it of the road is the inoperative speedometer. After replacing the speedometer, it turns out the old seized speedometer also locked up the cable and flat sided the plastic speedometer drive gear in the transmission. I'm probably going to hit up Indianapontiacs unless anyone here just happens o have one kicking around they'd like to part with. Anyone??
Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer drive gear   Speedometer drive gear EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Which trans do you have? And they seriously wont pass inspection without a working speedo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer drive gear   Speedometer drive gear EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 am

yup-its got to work. I'm just awaiting one from IndianaPontiacs-great guy to get stuff from by the way- I just emailed him, and he went out and extracted the part and has mailed it to me. Especially nice when I'm up here in Canada where we dont have access to to much old real pontiac stuff.
Im hoping when it arrives I can get it on the road pronto and at least get a months driving before snow sets in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer drive gear   Speedometer drive gear Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedometer drive gear
Page 1 of 1