Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's the fastest yall have gone?

Go down 
+6
59canadianponcho
manicmechanic
thechief
starchief1959
59vista
starchief_59
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
59vista

59vista

What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:16 pm

I have a story that goes back 6 or 7 years, when i was working in AAlborg (about 125 km north), and had to drive there each day. I had a 94' mazda 626 back then - very reliable, and didn't need 7000 rpm to get power - but thats another story.

On this particular day the car was damaged from an accident earlier in the week, where my whife hit a piece of scrap iron laying on the freeway in heavy rain. It bend the steering, and fired the airbag and seatbelts. Luckily nothing serious happened to her, and i needed the car, so i stuck the airback back in the hole and tied it in with plastic strips.

I was little more than half way to work, still half way asleep in the outside lane, doing about 140 km/h (sp limit was 110 i think), and the inside lane was moving at about 100 km/h and pretty packed. A car came up and stuck himself a foot from my rear and started flashing his front lights. I got pissed, because he could se that i could not pull in because of the trafic. I incresed the speed, and he just stuck to my bumper until i was doing close to 200 km/h, still flashing his lights like mad. I finally snapped, and hit the breakes hard, and showed him my middle finger at the same time - that was when the car suddenly lit up in blue affraid .

I imidiatly started to think of the astronomous fine, and revoked license, and the such, when i pulled over.

I got out of the car, since i didn't want him to se my blown airbag, and walked over to the unmarked police car.

Then the endless crap started to poor out of him about wreckless driving and so and so... I had an urge to tell him that he actually was the wreckless part in this, and his asshole tailgating was what caused med to go that fast. I managed to get through his speech without snapping, and he finally said :

I am going to have to fine you 1500 kr (250 $), and i hope you have learned a lesson...

In my mind i had already lost my license, and got a fine that was 10 times that, so all i could say was 'thankyou'. He looked like i was an idiot, thanking him for giving me a fine, but in my relief that was all i could say.

60 seconds later i was pissed again, but luckily i was also back in my car, and he could not hear me.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:16 am

Damn that sucks!

Ok here's the best one. I don't think anyone will believe this but my ex was with me as witness. We're heading south on US 281 south of San Antonio. I just passed a few cars driving like 55 in the right lane. Before I have a chance to scoot back over into the right lane this 2001ish Impala is riding my ass like crazy. So I'm like "fuck em" and I slowed down 5-10 mph. They got even closer, finally I had enough, I slammed on my brakes, the bitch flew to the right lane floored it and as she passed me she gave me the finger...she was not a day UNDER 70 years old HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 My girldfriend and I looked at each other and started cracking up it was AWESOME
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 am

That is the story of all priceless stories! cheers dont worry man i believe you What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 once i pulled off the I90 in Eastgate Bellevue, and came down to the light and had to make a left turn, it was a yeild of green light. this lady came up fromt he other side of the intersection with her right blinker on and made to turn, so i went and turned left. the road we were turning on was a two lane street, so we each had a lane. this old bag just LAID on her horn (it was like a 91 Corolla lol) and she came up next to me with her finger held high and screamed out the window "is it okay to turn left in front of someone you ***hole F***ing idiot?!" like you dear old lady Robert, she was maybe 80 What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776 one of my favorite things to ever happen to me What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 919776
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm

hahah that is awesome! There are some dumb ass drivers out there
Back to top Go down
marks73turboTA

marks73turboTA

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 am

Before I installed the turbo on my Trans Am I was running a T-Ram, twin 600s and twin nitrous plates with a 200 shot. Ran 10.2 @ 134 in the 1/4. This is the video and a description of the run.
http://www.americantorque.com/page/1/63/

I've had it on the site here before though. Mark L
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 am

jesus
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Back in my younger days I had a 72 Firebird that ran as fast as Mark's TA... yeah right... only in my dreams! HA lol
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 am

haha in all our dreams
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 pm

my dad went 135 in a 35 in Redmond, WA in his 70' Pontiac LeMans back in the day..... he shouldnt have sold that car before i was born
Back to top Go down
marks73turboTA

marks73turboTA

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:21 am

First day out and about with my TA after I got the turbo installed. Not sure yet what it would do and hadn't even boosted it up yet. I was coming down Greenway and had to stop for a red light. This (around '99-2000) Ford lightening pulls up next to me. He yells down "nice TA" and revs the truck up against the converter. I gave him thumbs (no, really I did) and mouthed 'thank you". The light was ready to change and he pulled up on the converter again. I had no idea what the TA would do so I just sat there passively. Last thing I wanted was the TA to act stupid or die or something. But eh light changed and he puilled a hole shot on me so I thought F##k it. This an't happening. So I punched it. I was already at 3500 rpm with my higher stall and it flashed up to 4500 and hit 10 pounds instantly. It broke loose, went to 5800 and stayed there, the rear end sliding just a little to the right but very controlled and I flew past the truck like he was standing still. Next light. He yells down to me. What have you got int here. I just pointed at the intake pipe sticking out of the hood going to the carb and said " just a little turbo". He yelled " holy shit, no wonder I didn't hear you coming" and gave me a thumbs up. My brake foot was shaking because I just realized that I had never looked first to see who was around us. But I was pumped. I walked in the door and my wife said--you tried it out didn't you?? I was smiling from ear to ear. I had told her I wasn't going to do anything until I knew the car better. But what could I do. This is what it sounds like from inside the car under 10 pounds. https://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/marks73turbota/?action=view&current=RobbsVisit014.flv Mark L
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:55 pm

fuuucckk yeah!
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:35 pm

i will second that f^%k Ya!! Makes me miss my 79 T.A. !!
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:46 pm

i third!! daannggg beautiful car man!! that sound makes me wanna piss myself haha even tho i only heard it from these pansy laptop speakers...i should get one a them....
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 am

I ran mid 11's on a quater mile strip with my 81 Monte Carlo sleeper.  It's been 20 years or so but I think it was over 130 mph at the time.  It was a street racer, fully street legal, and had a 67 Corvette 350, TH700R4, and 6.88:1 gears in a 12 bolt posi with what I estimated to be about 450 hp.  

The first day I broke the 12 second barrier they kicked me off the track for not having a roll cage.  I know the car ran faster later on but never clocked it and the speedo only went up to 85 mph.  LOL

I had cutouts right behind the headers so I could switch between open headers and full street legal exhaust.  I always loved when someone would pull up to me at a light and want to race.  I'd give the engine a quick rev with full exhaust and the guy next to me would chuckle.  Then I pulled the cable to open the cut outs and rev'd it again and their jaw would drop!  The day I left a tricked out ZR-1 Corvette in my dust was and still is one of my favorite memories.

I've had the speedo in my '59 pegged out past 120 mph with the tri-power only slightly engaged.  When I overhauled the engine in the early 90's I put a moderate cam in along with new pistons for higher compression.  I'm sure I could get 140+ if I pushed it but I never did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the fastest yall have gone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2