Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's the fastest yall have gone?

Go down 
+6
59canadianponcho
manicmechanic
thechief
starchief1959
59vista
starchief_59
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

What's the fastest yall have gone? Empty
PostSubject: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 am

Got any good stories anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:48 am

120 -130 mph i guess...
75 with trailer...
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:03 am

Do airplanes count? What's the fastest yall have gone? 919776

Not really sure, probably 120-130mph

When me and the Brit were rushing through Indiana this year on the Power Tour we did go a confirmed 103mph (according to the GPS) and burned a 1/4 tank of gas each in about 12 miles. affraid
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:00 pm

It was in my Volkswagen and I hit 110 before the car began to shudder violently and threaten to explode What's the fastest yall have gone? 919776
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:20 pm

I had a Yugo that would do 120 MPH. What's the fastest yall have gone? 770732

Well, it had a Fiat X1/9 engine and trans in it. What's the fastest yall have gone? 919776

Last edited by manicmechanic on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:06 pm

haha that's awesome. I guess the Brit was driving the '62?

haha a Yugo huh? That's cool

I think the fastest I've gone was only like 120 in my friend's mom's Lexus liek 10 years ago. It took like 10 miles to get from 100-120.

I've ridden in a '63 Nova that ran 11s, we did 0-105 in what seemed like 2 seconds in a neighborhood.

My truck will do 115 like nothing, it's got plenty more but that's where I set my speed limiter so I don't kill myself. haha

I rode in my friend's 34 Ford pick up and we did 100 a few times. Pretty scary, that thing is so small and so squirelly when slowing down
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Ya, the brit was in the '62. We were blowing the doors off semis and getting them to blow the horns. It was awesome. lol!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:28 pm

haha nice
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:53 pm

my El Camino struggled to get to even 90... it was really pitiful actually..

well the speedo only went up to 80 haha
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:03 pm

starchief_59 wrote:

My truck will do 115 like nothing, it's got plenty more but that's where I set my speed limiter so I don't kill myself. haha

Cop said he had to do 100+ to catch up, didn't he? What's the fastest yall have gone? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:22 pm

i was doing 100 going down a main road at 6:30 in the morning and then reallized it was 100mph and not km !! its a 35mph or 50km road!! oops!! This was in the 59.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 pm

That cop had to do over 100 to catch me because I was a mile ahead of him. haha I have no doubt that I could out run that crown vic. haha
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:39 pm

starchief_59 wrote:
That cop had to do over 100 to catch me because I was a mile ahead of him. haha I have no doubt that I could out run that crown vic. haha

What's the fastest yall have gone? 617550

Can't outrun a Motorola though.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:10 am

Nope, that is true.
Back to top Go down
wydtrac

wydtrac

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Just thought I'd add this story about goin' fast, or too fast!
When I was just out of high school and going to auto tech school I was living at home and car pooling with another kid from my home town.
One night coming home from tech school a car came up behind us on the access road to the interstate. He was really close and of course that pissed off my buddy cause he was trying to behave. He drove a '70 Camaro that was really built and he had a rep for having "a need for speed" shall we say. Well, he took it for about a minute and then dropped it a grear and blew the guy off with no problem. We hit the interstate and coasted back to the speed limit, but within a few seconds the tailgater shows back up and does it again. Not passing us but seeing how close he can come to the back bumper. Now, granted, we should have figured something was amiss, but being 18 we had not grown functioning brain cells yet so my buddy drops it again and this time really blows this dude into yesterday. I have no idea how fast we were going but the trip from the city to where I lived only took about three minutes where it usually took 10. Now get this. Just before we hit my place the tailgater catches up and pulls up next to us and flashes his badge! Wants us to pull over. Well, we were nearly at my place so my buddy keeps going and pulls into my driveway. The badge guys pull in next to us, jump out of the car, yank my buddy out by the shirt, throw him in there unmarked car and haul him away, with me standing there in the driveway with my mouth open, not believing any of what I'm seeing. affraid
I never did get called to testify and he got off somehow. I believe they called it intrapment?! Turns out it was a couple of town cops coming back from court that recognized my buddy and wanted to nail him because they had not been able to get him in town. cheers
That's about as fast as I've ever been and I don't want to go that fast again! At least not under those circumstances. And especially not in my Star Chief.
Back to top Go down
http://www.classicconvertibles.net
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Actually a similar thing happened to me here in San Marcos. A Dude in a blue explorer weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to me. We end up next to each other at a light, he floors it on green, I rolled into it and left him in the dust by the time I hit the speed limit which was 35. 2 lights later, same exact thing, this time I nail it from a stop and roast my tires about 100 yards down the road. About 1/4 mile later I hear a siren and I look back and the explorer is flashing his red and blues hidden in the grill. He pulls up next to me holding his badge out the window and starts screaming at me to stop driving like that. hahahahahahaha I thought he was some asshole that was dead set on trying to race me. That's why I usually wait for them to nail it first, so I don't look like some punk kid trying to race everyone.
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Thats pretty funny. Yeah I usually only race people i know... Its more fun that way anyway haha

I only raced my Chevy once and got my rear end handed to me so i never tried again. I have my pride issues to maintain afro so it became just a cruiser...

I actually almost beat my buddy the other day in my dad's '90 Suburban lol my buddy was driving his '93 Mitsu 3000GT (thank heavens he's sold it for a 67 Mustang... the thing was a clunker). I beat him off the line and halfway across but he had more high end so i lost :P but its all good

What i think is just the best thing ever is when little punk ricers go wizzing past me and weaving around traffic at like 80mph (redlining it no doubt...) and about a half mile up you see him pulled over by a cop cheers
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 am

In my 1995 Olds Silhouette... n/a 3.8 with WAI and chip.

On the frontage road of Mopac at 11:45 PM, this little retard in a Civic pulls up next to me at a red light revving his little fart canned junk.

I just sit there but when the light turned green we took off.

I just plain left his sorry ass. About 1/4 mile up the road, I see a reflection of an Austin cop and slow it down. So he does the little "ricer fly-by" flying around me flipping me off because he got beat by a minivan.

Next thing I see is red and blue lights and his sorry ass getting pulled over.

I would still love to drop a supercharged 3800 in a 1993-95 Olds Silhouette or Pontiac Trans Sport. Talk about a sleeper.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:08 pm

What's a sleeper? They don't exist? haha

I don't get the ricer kids. Buy an 18 second car stock, that's a decent daily driver car, and mod with it stupid shit like wings and a body kit, and then ad just bolt ons and think it's fast.
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:33 pm

I guess it's a matter of taste - i hate skirts and spoilers. You just can't polish a terd.. What's the fastest yall have gone? 919776

I think that cars that need a body mod kit to be cool are never going to be. And they are a pain to drive - hanging on every f... speedbump i guess.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:36 pm

It's like putting a lime in your beer. If you need a lime to make your beer taste good, then you're drinking the wrong beer. If you need a bunch of ugly and useless mods on your car, you're driving the wrong car
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Exactly ! What's the fastest yall have gone? 919776
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 11:10 pm

starchief_59 wrote:
What's a sleeper? They don't exist? haha

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What's the fastest yall have gone? Emot-ughh
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 2:57 am

haha that was funny
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 pm

true that. whats even funnier is when i beat ricers with my dads '07 Ford Focus. That thing has a lot of highend haha its hilarious. and ricers always look at you funny and smirk when your driving a normal car or even my El Camino they thought was a joke. but i wasted many a Civic with my Camino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest yall have gone?   What's the fastest yall have gone? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the fastest yall have gone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next