Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1959 Rocker Arms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jim_cleveland

jim_cleveland

1959 Rocker Arms Empty
PostSubject: 1959 Rocker Arms   1959 Rocker Arms EmptySat May 25, 2024 5:57 pm

Anyone know where I can get CORRECT rocker arms for my stock '59 Catalina?  Every place I've checked says they have them and they are the WRONG parts!  I need 16 good rockers (prefer new) for my car.  It's an American car with a 389, Not a Canadian car.
Back to top Go down
mikenJune

1959 Rocker Arms Empty
PostSubject: Rocker Arms   1959 Rocker Arms EmptyMon Jun 03, 2024 3:41 pm

I have used rocker arms from my 59. The guy that did the rebuild over 30 years ago was a hack and he let his friends use his shop. Some of my original parts were lost. He replaced the missing rockers with some that were incorrect.

The correct one should have a hole in the rocker where the pushrod seats so the oil will flow up the rod and into the ball and cup area. I have one set that has the hole but they aren't all located in the exact same location. I suspect he hand drilled them. The other set does not have the lubrication holes. There is also a difference in the geometry.

I also have the balls that seat into the rocker. If you are interested in sorting these out, contact me.

Mike
Back to top Go down

1959 Rocker Arms
Page 1 of 1