Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pontiac1959!

Pontiac1959!

Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling Empty
PostSubject: Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling   Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Hallo,

I have a Pontiac Catalina 1959 whitout powersteering.
I have bought a Engine with a complete powersteering (pump/brackets/hydrolic/steeringhouse) and will recive it next week.

I thought it should be an easy change, but i see that the steering column doesn’t have a connection for a steering coupler.

Is there anyone who has experience with this case?
Is my conclusion correct?
Is there a kind of workaround?

I hope i can get some help

Regards Jan
Back to top Go down
gtotiger

Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling   Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi
Did you get the power steering box but no power steering column?
My car was originally manual steering..
To upgrade it I purchased a complete 4 door post car as a donor..so it was an easy swap for me.
Power steering column is shorter and connected to the steering box with a rubber coupler (rag joint)
Manual steering column is longer and directly clamped to the box.
Probably it will be possible to cut and add a bearing to the original column..not so easy.
Try to find an original power steering column
Back to top Go down

Steering conversion from Manuel to power Steering - Column/Steering Column Coupling
Page 1 of 1