Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Garage find Sport Coupe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DougS1960

Garage find Sport Coupe Empty
PostSubject: Garage find Sport Coupe   Garage find Sport Coupe EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 11:16 am

In 1959, there was a railroad engineer who had V8's and tried a 6 cyl powerglide '58 Chevy for the economy.  He told his grandson, that the car was a hazard because it wouldn’t get out of it ‘s own way and was unsafe to drive!  The grandson was riding his bike past the Pontiac dealer and saw a new black ’59 Bonneville Sport Coupe in the window.  He told his granddad that was the car he needed, he evidently agreed because granddad went and bought it.  I can only imagine driving a 300HP 389 after lumbering around in what he had.  Fast forward to March, 2018.  I bought the car from the bike riding grandson with 57,000 miles on the clock!  It hadn’t seen daylight since 1982, but had been started and ran regularly.  It’s now in my garage, I’ve got new tires on it, it will need brakes, shocks, belts, hoses, fluid changes, etc….and a lot of elbow grease!  I’ll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Garage find Sport Coupe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find Sport Coupe   Garage find Sport Coupe EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Keep us updated! Got any pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com

Garage find Sport Coupe
Page 1 of 1