Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

introduction and question on catalina wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rluke

introduction and question on catalina wagon Empty
PostSubject: introduction and question on catalina wagon   introduction and question on catalina wagon EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi, my name is Rob from Australia and I am looking at a 59 Pontiac catalina wagon with 3rd row seats. It is a project car but very solid and complete in Colorado. I also have a 59 buick wagon on its way to me at the moment. I have been trying to decipher the accessories codes but cant find the information. Are they the same as the Buick? The codes are BIJXKXFHH. Thank you for any info, Rob.
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: introduction and question on catalina wagon   introduction and question on catalina wagon EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Rob…..your accessory codes translate to the following;

B  Circ-L-Aire Heater and Defroster

I  E-Z-Eye Glass all windows

JX Instrument Panel Pad

KX Custom Latex Seat Cushion front

F  Back-up Lamps

HH Courtesy Lamps 9 passenger Safari

Keep in mind that these were probably not the only accessories that came on your car. These were the accessories that the Fisher Body plant were responsible for. They also represent the items that were not standard content for the 9 passenger wagon. Other options and accessories, like Hydramatic Transmission, power steering, power brakes, etc. were the responsibility of the Pontiac or BOP final assembly plant. By standard content, I mean any option or accessory that was normally part of the regular equipment package for a particular car. For example, I'm sure that your car has a power window in your tailgate. Since this was standard on Bonneville Safaris and 9 passenger Catalina Safaris, it doesn't appear on the body tag. If, however, the car was a 6 passenger Safari and that option was chosen, there would be a "Q" on the body tag

In the time frame that our cars were built, Fisher Body and Final Assembly operated as separate divisions of General Motors. Fisher Body was responsible for assembling the body shell, from the cowl rearward, including interior seating and trim, wiring, and paint. Final Assembly was responsible for chassis, suspension, drivetrain, front sheet metal, and body drop. Cars were built in the home plant in Pontiac Michigan and various Buick Oldsmobile and Pontiac (BOP) satellite plants throughout the country. All of these assembly plants had a Fisher Body plant, either in the same building, or in close proximity to them. All body styles were built there, except the bodies for convertibles and wagons. Convertible bodies were all built at a Fisher plant in Lansing Michigan, and shipped to the other Final Assembly plants. Wagons were built in Euclid Ohio and shipped out. The fourth character of your VIN will tell you the final assembly plant, The "EP" on your cowl tag indicates Euclid Ohio……John
Back to top Go down
rluke

PostSubject: Re: introduction and question on catalina wagon   introduction and question on catalina wagon EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Great. Thanks for that information. It does have a roofrack and power steering but I am not sure on what motor and trans it has in it. Still early days weather I will get it. Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: introduction and question on catalina wagon   introduction and question on catalina wagon Empty

Back to top Go down

introduction and question on catalina wagon
Page 1 of 1