Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poverty caps-can you tell the year?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
markymark

markymark

Poverty caps-can you tell the year? Empty
PostSubject: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Those first ones are early ones. Not sure what year but I would guess 55-57ish. They might be 58-60, IDK but I do know they're pre 61. I picked up 2 of those at the local swap meet last weekend for $20.

Ok after looking at the second link, those might be the 55-57 ones like he says and the first set might be 58-60.

You'll have to make sure you have the correct wheels with the 3 little slots for the clips. The clips can be bought new from Fusick Oldsmobile parts for $4.50 each and they're the 48-52 clips. You'll see them on their site or in their catalog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Poverty caps-can you tell the year? 0427102119-00

There is one that I bought at the swap meet. The wheel is a '49 Pontiac wheel which is a 15" instead of the 57+ 14" wheels
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Ok, someone from PY said the caps I picked up are '59
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks a ton for the response-I just bought the wagon so the questions will probably be coming fairly regularly for the next while..sorry!
I will be going to the scarebird disc setup (the booster/master cyl. question will be next)and running later 15' rims-any chance these caps would fit with the mentioned clips?
Thanks.
BTW, whats PY?
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 pm

PY is performance years.

You'll have to machine the slots for the clips in the wheels since they won't have the correct clips

The wheel I posted is a 49 Pontiac 15" wheel so it should clear your brakes if you can find a set of those

A wagon with the poverty caps would be killer
Back to top Go down
WQ59B

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poverty caps-can you tell the year?   Poverty caps-can you tell the year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Poverty caps-can you tell the year?
Page 1 of 1