Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time for another rant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Time for another rant Empty
PostSubject: Time for another rant   Time for another rant EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Ok, What the fuck is going on with parts stores. How do they hire people?

Manager - "So do you know a lot about cars?"
Potential employee - "No, not really"
Manager - "Good you're hired, congratulations"

I mean seriously. If it's not in their computer they have no clue what you're talking about.

I went to autozone and of course theres 2 people working and 15 customers in there. The mexican dude hardly speaks english and the mexican chick knows nothing. I'm looking for 5/16 fine threaded and a 5/16 rod end for my clutch linkage.

She gets on the computer and asks what I need. I said it's custom I need this part.
She's likes "I don't know if we have anything like that" goes back to the computer and asks what is it for.
"It's custom it's not for anything specific"
"oh well....i....don't know.....what is it for? a bicycle?"
"Nevermind, what about 5/16 all thread?"
"all our tools are out there" and she fuckin walked off. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I was so pissed. I mean seriously, no one knows anything about cars except for NAPA employees. It's pathetic. I don't know how anyone ever gets the right parts at these places...oh wait it takes them 3 fuckin tries.

I went to Ace hardware trying to find a fitting for my fuel line. They had some flared fitting but not the right one I needed. The manager lady thought she was a bad ass and was like

"What's it for? plumbing or automotive?"
"it doesn't matter it's the same but it's going on a car"
"no they're different, you need to go to napa this stuff is only for plumbing"

I wanted to punch her in the face. I was looking at dozens of flared fittings they just didn't have the one I needed.

fsdjksdjkhsjhksfhj Shit pisses me off. Why can't autozone hire someone who actually knows something about cars? Why can't advance hire someone with a fucking brain? I don't get it.

Anyway, I feel better now...until a few days from now when I need more parts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
59safaricat

59safaricat

PostSubject: Re: Time for another rant   Time for another rant EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Yeah, pretty much the same around here. It's what happens when companies will only pay minimum wage, or close to it. I remember going to parts stores in the late 80's/early 90's and most behind the counter really knew their shit, regardless of gender. These days, if you have a pulse, you have a job.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Time for another rant   Time for another rant EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah it's bullshit.

Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Time for another rant   Time for another rant EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:38 am

I never go to Autozone. My buddy Jerry at napa totally rocks and everyone else that works there have to be the smartest guys ever. they even (gasp) have project cars of their own! the guys at my Shucks are okay, but i only go their if Napa doesnt have what i need, which is hardly ever haha. but i love Napa its my toy store Very Happy at least the one here in town, the one chick at the regional warehouse doesnt usually know anything....
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Time for another rant   Time for another rant EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:16 pm

NAPA is the shit. I think they're the only ones that actually hire people that know cars.

We don't have Shucks around here

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for another rant   Time for another rant Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for another rant
Page 1 of 1