Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ok Bar talk time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Ok Bar talk time Empty
PostSubject: Ok Bar talk time   Ok Bar talk time EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:22 am

Ok, I've only worked at a bar for about 3 years now but there's a lot of dumb shit that just drives me crazy. So here is just a list of simple DON'TS unless you just want to piss off the bartender and you don't want to piss off a bartender unless you like waiting a long time to get a drink. I'm just going to type them as they come to me

Have your money out when you come to the bar. Otherwise you look like you've already been helped or you're just hanging out. Not to mention we don't like to wait 3 minutes while find your wallet and sort out your money. You know you have to pay for it, there's no reason to not have your money out

Don't wave your hand or money in a bartender's face when we are clearly already serving someone else. It's not only very rude, but very annoying. We see you

Don't call out your order every time you see a bartender walk by. We're probably already serving someone else. Wait your turn

Don't wait until I ask you what you want to ask your whole group what they need. You've been waiting to be served and have had plenty of time to figure out what everyone wants, you don't need me standing there to figure out what you want

Don't hand me a folded up bill

Don't bring back your empty bottle and tell me some clever remark about it having a hole in it. I've heard it before...about every 5 minutes

If you have multiple orders let me know all at once or at least a few at a time. I don't like walking from one end of the bar the other for one beer at a time when I could have done it in one trip

Don't get offended when I ask to see your ID when you look like you're 15. If you're old enough to drink you should be used to it

If YOU spill your drink, don't expect me to buy you a new one

Don't order the wrong thing and expect me to pay for it

"Bud" means Budweiser, not bud light.

Cash only means cash only

No liquor means no liquor which means no vodka, no tequila no mixed drinks...yes really

I guess this might sound kind of selfish, but when you deal with this bullshit every night it get's old. If you've worked in a bar, then you know what I mean.

Tips go a long way when you're a bartender. Don't think you can buy 5 rounds and not tip and not get noticed. We notice. Even a little tip every round gets noticed and it goes a long way. There are plenty of regulars that come to my bar that have to wait as long as we can possibly make them wait because they NEVER tip.

What's the difference in a bartender and a toilet seat? A toilet seat only has to deal with one asshole at a time HAHAHAHAHA

Ok Bar talk time 919776 Ok Bar talk time 919776 Ok Bar talk time 919776 Ok Bar talk time 919776

Ok, im done for now
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief1959

starchief1959

Ok Bar talk time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Bar talk time   Ok Bar talk time EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 am

You live in the wrong state man. Come up here and we'll show you how it's done. Wink
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Ok Bar talk time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Bar talk time   Ok Bar talk time EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm

haha That's the problem, all these dumbasses are from somewhere else. I work at the "Oldest Dancehall in Texas" and in the summer is about 75% tourists and in the winter it's about 90% northerners.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

Ok Bar talk time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok Bar talk time   Ok Bar talk time Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok Bar talk time
Page 1 of 1