Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I started getting the Generator hooked up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

I started getting the Generator hooked up Empty
PostSubject: I started getting the Generator hooked up   I started getting the Generator hooked up EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 am

I started getting the generator all hooked up. I got the brackets painted and mounted and the generator on there. I'm going to get a belt tomorrow and hook up the wires. I'm tired to having to put the battery charger on my car to start it. haha

I guess I'm going to do the shocks next so I can put those tires on and then order the hydraulic stuff for the clutch linkage. Then brakes, brake lines and fuel lines. Almost there

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: I started getting the Generator hooked up   I started getting the Generator hooked up EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

cant wait to see the pics. I actually just took my generator out and put in an altenator and finally electonic ignition!! I had the dist. and alt. from my 305 block so they popped right in. Now the wiring was another ballgame but i figured it out after a couple dumb mistakes and i cant believe the difference on how it runs.....like butter!! Nice for a 50 yr. old engine !!! I'll get the wife to take a video of it and post it on you tube maybe in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: I started getting the Generator hooked up   I started getting the Generator hooked up EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 am

That's exciting!

I got my generator hooked up and got the belt on and got it all wired up. My gauge didn't work but I was told I need to "polarize" my generator since I took it all apart and put new brushes in it. So I hope it will work

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I started getting the Generator hooked up   I started getting the Generator hooked up Empty

Back to top Go down

I started getting the Generator hooked up
Page 1 of 1