Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Power Upper Fuse Block

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
59Bonnvl

No Power Upper Fuse Block Empty
PostSubject: No Power Upper Fuse Block   No Power Upper Fuse Block EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 pm

While driving to a Car Show last Sat., I noticed that my directional signal indicators in the instrument panel were not working. Upon further investigation at the show, I discovered that the brake lights as well as the actual directional lights were inoperative. Upon still later investigation (at home), I found the entire upper fuse block was dead; no backup lights, no radio, no signal/brake lights, no heater fan, etc. I removed the fuse block from the firewall and the yellow feed wire that provides the power to those fuses has no voltage. Does anyone know where that wire leads? It does not appear to be the same yellow wire that is at the junction block on the left fender in the engine compartment; at least there is no continuity between the two, which could be due to a broken wire or bad connection. Can anyone provide me with a recommendation on where to look next? I used to be user 59Bonvil but I had to change my name because I both changed my email account and forgot my old password. Thanks
Back to top Go down
59 Sport Coupe

59 Sport Coupe

PostSubject: Re: No Power Upper Fuse Block   No Power Upper Fuse Block EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 3:46 pm

No Power Upper Fuse Block 1959_p10
Back to top Go down
59Bonnvl

PostSubject: Re: No Power Upper Fuse Block   No Power Upper Fuse Block EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:45 am

Thank you for the wiring diagram. The color coding on the diagram is helpful but I don't know if it will be enough.  I tried putting 12V directly to the input connection and it still didn't work.  Thanks again for the diagram.
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

PostSubject: Re: No Power Upper Fuse Block   No Power Upper Fuse Block EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 8:47 pm

The wiring diagram is a great resource but a word of caution, the color on some wires change as they aged from 1959, they fade.  Lt blue looks gray, violet looks blue, brown looks tan, etc.  On some I had no clue. (At least for me and my feeble eyes!)
Back to top Go down
59Bonnvl

PostSubject: Re: No Power Upper Fuse Block   No Power Upper Fuse Block EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 1:40 pm

I finally found the problem. It was the ignition switch. The part of the switch going to the accessories part of the fuse block apparently was internally "fried". It is sure nice to have brake lights again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Power Upper Fuse Block   No Power Upper Fuse Block Empty

Back to top Go down

No Power Upper Fuse Block
Page 1 of 1