Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans Empty
PostSubject: Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans   Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:02 am

I just read Collectible Automobile April 1999, sent to me by my friend Rich Gibbs that 97.2% of '59 Pontiacs were Automatics and 76.2% had power steering and 70.4% had power brakes. I thought that was some pretty interesting stuff.

Makes it even weirder that my car was a 4 door hard top Star Chief, manual steering, manual brakes, no AC but an automatic tri power car. WTF????
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans   Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:05 am

While we're on the subject, Does anyone have any idea how many % (or actual production numbers) of 59 Pontiacs had tri power????
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

PostSubject: Re: Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans   Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:58 am

My catalina got also superhydramatic but no ps or pb.
first i look and think it have no options exept trans but now i know heater, day/night mirror, de luxe steering wheel and oil filter are options.
Its hard to proof what options these have in factory.
Registration inspector didnt believe me when i told cat has 280 hp engine.
He said noway 50´s v8 make that much power.So i told the lowest factory engine hp rating 215hp what he accept.
Well at least the insurance is now bit cheaper.
Back to top Go down
http://miekkiohotrod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans   Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans Empty

Back to top Go down

Power steering, power brakes and Automatic trans
Page 1 of 1