Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PROGRESS!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PROGRESS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: PROGRESS!!!!!   PROGRESS!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Since school's out I've been workin 7 days a week to make money to fix up my car. I took this week off to work on it and here is my progress.

My dad's friend runs a metal shop in San Antone and he's been saying he's going to make me floor pan patch panels since Nov. He finally made them and what do you know, THE BEADS DON'T LINE UP. So with some cutting and welding they came out alright.

I finished both pans, and scraped all the junk and dirt off the floor and painted the entire floor with POR15. I took the factory clear seat covers off the back seat and reinstalled both seats and rear door panels.

I also installed my 60s Oldsmobile console tach. I think it looks bad ass!

Next is to buy some backing for the front door panels and replace the bottom vinyl piece and then install those. Carpet and padding will go in later.

PROGRESS!!!!! Poncho-1
Before
PROGRESS!!!!! Patchpan
After
PROGRESS!!!!! Floorpans
PROGRESS!!!!! Backseat
PROGRESS!!!!! Frontseat-1
PROGRESS!!!!! Dash
PROGRESS!!!!! Tach
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief1959

starchief1959

PROGRESS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROGRESS!!!!!   PROGRESS!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Looking good!!! Now all you have to do is get that engine in and go for a spin!
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PROGRESS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROGRESS!!!!!   PROGRESS!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:19 pm

I just noticed your steering wheel horn ring is busted off. Are you missing the directional lever too? I know where I can get them for you if you need them. I can pick them up in a junkyard and send them to you for the cost the yard charges plus shipping. Let me know if you need this or anything else interior wise...
Back to top Go down
pfzilla

pfzilla

PROGRESS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROGRESS!!!!!   PROGRESS!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Looks good. That's about the stage I'm at with the floor of mine. How much POR-15 did you use. And, if you don't mind, how much did it cost? I read somewhere that a guy used truck bed liner for the floor boards. I've seen a can at Wally World for 45 bucks. That tach looks cool.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PROGRESS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROGRESS!!!!!   PROGRESS!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:16 am

I bought the POR15 last summer. I had only heard good things. It's great to brush on flat surfaces but on suspension parts it runs like crazy. I'm going to try to spray it and see how that comes out. I bought a whole gallon and I've probably used half of it on the suspension parts I've already done, the gas tank, the floors and other small parts. If POR15 did not exist then I would go for a bed liner product. No big deal.

As for the steering wheel horn ring, I do have a better one that is ready to be put on. Now if you can find a decent blue steering wheel that would be great. The car was running and inspected in 2003 so I would hope the blinkers still work.

As soon as I find a manual steering centerlink the front end will be put back together and painted, Then the motor!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

PROGRESS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROGRESS!!!!!   PROGRESS!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

PROGRESS!!!!!
Page 1 of 1