Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
marks73turboTA

marks73turboTA

'60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly Empty
PostSubject: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Sorry if this the wrong section but I need your opinions. I'm looking at a '60 Starchief to buy but I will be selling off some items from it to offset the purchase cost. One item i noticed is the comlete firewall heat/air conditioning system on the car. Looks to be in very good condition but the compressor is missing. Looks like all the compressor mount brackets re there. Present owner has had it for 10 years and says the compressor was alway gone so does not know the condition of the assembly. The heater and all it's funtions are good. I just want to recoup some of the purchase price if it is worth it to anyone building a '59-'60 full size. I assume they are the same. That's why I asked here on the '59 site. Thanks for any help. Mark L
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:03 am

That's interesting. It's a factory air car?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
marks73turboTA

marks73turboTA

PostSubject: Re: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey Robert, yes factory air unit on the firewall. Brackets on the motor are there but not sure all of them. The base heavy cast iron bottom bracket and one that must support the back of the compressor. It is a round casting that resembles a round compressor. If your a SG-1 fan it looks like a stargate. The firewall unit is definitely factory, the (I think it's called the accumulator) the thing that separates the gas to liquid like bottle assembly is mounted up on the radiator core with all the lines still running to it. Other than a quick look it looks intact. I'm just wondering what it might be worth? I'll be removing it regardless. Mark L
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 am

If it had the compressor probably a lot. I would guess less than 5% of pontiacs being factory AC cars.
Back to top Go down
marks73turboTA

marks73turboTA

PostSubject: Re: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 am

Found this on a sale site. http://www.cacars.com/PopupPic_cac.cfm?lgpic=14960&pic_seq=2&NumPic=5

This is what it looks like but this car has the compressor. Mark L
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:20 am

Looks the same as my '59 Buick. Probably the same for all 59/60 GMS. I'm sure someone out there is looking for those parts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly   '60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly Empty

Back to top Go down

'60 Starchief complete heat/air assembly
Page 1 of 1