Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Blue Goblin

Go down 
+3
59canadianponcho
59 Bonneville
starchief_59
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyFri May 23, 2008 2:25 am

I bought this car right after high school. It's all original except for the paint and carpet. It's a 401 Nailhead with a dynaflow tranny. I paid $1700 for it and drove it home. It ran good for a few months until the waterpump went out. Then about 6 months later it would not start and has not started since. It is getting fuel and spark. I think it jumped time. As soon as the Pontiac is finished I will get to the Buick ASAP.

The Blue Goblin Thebeast2
The Blue Goblin Bluegoblin
The Blue Goblin 7
The Blue Goblin Buick59
The Blue Goblin Bacopy
With my friends '59 Fairlane
The Blue Goblin Buick
The Blue Goblin Youngbuck
Me and my Buick
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
59 Bonneville

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: 59 Ford   The Blue Goblin EmptySat May 24, 2008 7:32 pm

Good lookin 59 Ford in pics ,also one of my faves.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:12 pm

I really like the Fords also. He is probably the reason I got into old cars. Once he got his Fairlane running I had to have one also!
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 am

yeah, very nice. I love the back end, looks like you could put a jet engine in there and fly!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:32 pm

There's probably enough room!
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Does this have A/C?
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Factory AC with all components still present. Clutch engages on the compressor but it never blew cold air. I never tried to get it recharged

still for sale
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:22 pm

starchief_59 wrote:

still for sale

Yeah, I know...Lori and I are figuring out our finances. And probably selling the van.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 am

I would cut you a good deal Jay
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:51 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:27 pm

are you selling the Buick? scratch i'm confused haha
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Now I am

I'm trying to trade a guy for a model A coupe right now. It's a POS but I figure it's worth about what my Buick is worth
Back to top Go down
59safaricat

59safaricat

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 pm

I vote to keep the Buick! That thing is freakin sweeeeeeeeet!!

Seriously, do we need to see another fucking Model A at a car show, anyway? Rolling Eyes Sleep

Those stupid things, along with tons of the same old boring ass muscle cars, are the reasons I haven't been to a car show in almost 10 years.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 am

Yeah but this won't be a stupid fuckin small block chevy th350 leather seat power window independent suspension billet 17" wheel 10k pastel paint job MP3 player chrome every thing bullshit street rod. I can't stand that shit either. And I swear if I see another fuckin "old school" rod with a SBC I will fucking puke.

I'm thinking 389 tri power, Super T 10 4 speed, Pontiac olds 3.23 locker rear, cheater slicks, 61-64 gm buckets, semi gloss dark blue laquer, black steelies with Pontiac dog dish caps etc etc Nothing out of a stupid kit or catalog...well as little as possible. Something built with actual old school parts that rodders might have used back in the day.

It's what I really want to build. The Buick is so perfect stock that it won't be that fun to build. I'd rather just save up some money and buy one thats already nice. You can get super nice original 4 door sedans for 5-6K. My car needs over 5K in mechanical work. Money wise, it's smarter to buy a car already nice. At least 90% of the time

Another thing that pisses me off is this "rat rod" craze. People trying to build cars on a 3k budget? Are you kidding? I've got almost 2k in suspension, brake and steering work. How the hell can you build an entire car safely on that kind of budget? No floors? WTF? 12" chops? How the fuck can you see? 2" of ground clearance? What about speed bumps? A tunnel ram with dual quads on a stock 85 SBC obstructing the 2" of vision you see? Fuck all that shit. Not to mention 90% of "rat rods" Are butt ugly.

ANYWAY, rough night of work. I feel better now
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 pm

If that Buick was mine it would stay that way cheers - it is soooo nice..
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:02 pm

It just looks nice. Well I mean, It's a project for sure. There is some rust in the 1/4s and at the bottom of one of the doors. The trunk has some small holes. The body is super straight though. The paint is probably at least 15 years old and it's a cheap job. You can see small over stray spots and there' no clear coat on it.

The interior is all there and in OK shape. The dash is awesome, the door panels are ok, the back seat is ok but has some stains and some cracks at the top from sitting in the sun, the front seat needs to be completely redone.

All the lights and gauges work except the speedo.

bumpers and grill and trim are all pretty nice.

the motor ran great a few years ago. It jumped timing one night and I started to put a new timing chain on it but never put it back together.

If it doesn't sell it's next on my project list. I really want to build a Pontiac powered hot rod though.

I also met an older guy a few years ago who said I could have the car he drove in high school. He said it's just sitting in a field where it's been for a long time. It's a 52 Ford 2 door sedan. He told me "I fucked up though man...i put a straight axle under it...it always rode like crap...I'll look around and see if I still have the control arms' He said all he used to do was drag race and ride bulls. He said it's a 301? SBC with dual 4 barrels on it. That could be my next project if I ever go to get it
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

ya dude i see what you mean. i agree fully haha. well, normally i would say dont sell it cause i still regret selling my Elky but if i didnt i wouldnt have my Pontiac.... but hey i say go for it. find a nice home for your Buick dude. sell it to somebody on the site!!!!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 am

Trust me, it's hard to let it go. I think the '59 Buick is perfect. The lines are perfect, the trim is perfect, the amount of trim is perfect, the grill is perfect, the stance is perfect, the 401 nailhead is tough to beat, the dash is pretty sweet

But if I can buy a nice original car for 5K instead of spending 10K to make mine decent, I'll save up and buy one. I really want a plain jane lesabre anyway. I like the interior better.
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Sounds good dude. I know how you feel... having my Camino was a love hate relationship because I wanted something older and bigger but I couldn't let go of my child. But I did anyway lol. I still miss my Ford tho....
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:17 pm

I'll get over it
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:56 pm

yeah dude
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am

Deal is done. The guy threw in a hurst shifter and a 440 dodge big block and said he would deliver the A and pick up the Buick himself. So the deals done.

My feelings are still mixed, I want that model A but it's pretty rough

Actually for it's age, it's not that rough. The chop is the only rough part. One pillar is awful and the other is missing. Other than that it's ok
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 am

OH yeah he said he had a 4 speed laying around and if he found it he would throw that in too. I don't need the 440 or the tranny but I needed something else to make the trade worth it for me.

The guy had about 100 cars on probably 15-20+ acres. I 67 Fire bird shell and one early 80s and a 55 2 door safari wagon were the only pontiacs he had. He did have 2 boat tail rivies and a 69 skylark 2 dr ht.

I should have taken pictures. He had a 37 chevy pick up, an early 60s t bird, a 70 Torino, 70? malibu 4 door in pristine condition, 66 charger, 54 super charged kaiser, 55 plaza, 2 73 Javelins, 59 el camino, 59 bel air 4 door sedan, 57 fleet wood and 57 caddy limo, 37 plymouth coupe with an old ass SBC and a tilt front end ALL kinds of shit.
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm

I want the Bel Air.

Oh Robert. Next time you're in Austin or I'm in San Marcos, I need to drop off something I found for you.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:56 pm

The '59 Bel Air was in the back and we didn't stop to look at it but it looked ok. Most of his cars are good project cars but he didn't really have anything nice. My Buick will be in the top 5 nicest cars at his place.

What did you find Jay?

You still need to come check out the star chief sometime. I ordered the hydrailic throw out bearing today. I'm hoping it will be here by the weekend so I can have it in and the brakes bled by next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Blue Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blue Goblin   The Blue Goblin Empty

Back to top Go down

The Blue Goblin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next