Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WANTED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mus098

mus098

WANTED Empty
PostSubject: WANTED   WANTED EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi,I'm restoring a 59 Catalina 2dr HT.I was restoring a 1960 Chevy 4dr sedan when I ran into this project and since this was a 2dr HT,a cooler car to restore.When I bought this car it was used as a parts car for a Bonneville convertible.A lot was missing and a lot was rusted out!It did come with damaged hood and bad fenders.I've been playing with fixing the hood but if I could find a good one I rather replace it.Same goes with fenders.I've been able to find plenty of NOS,used door panels and dash from a Star Chief,taillight panel of Star Chief,got new floors,new trunk floor,new rockers,new door skin.Still need some more welding done to it.
I'm looking for a rust free hood and fenders.
Looking for the back window bottom channel.Mine is totally rusted away.
If anyone could help me out that would be great.
I just signed on as a member and will post pics soon,when I figured out how to do it.

Willy.
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

WANTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: WANTED   WANTED EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi Willy,

Sorry, I don't know of any place in your area.  There used to be a great place in Ohio but I'm not sure they're around anymore.

Mind my asking where you found the door skins?  I've been looking for years and it sure would make the rest of my restoration a lot easier!

I've seen a few places making the 2 door skins but never anything 4 the 4 door models.

Michael
Back to top Go down
mus098

mus098

WANTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: WANTED   WANTED EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Michael,

When it comes to sheet metal it really sucks when restoring a 59/60 Pontiac.
I found 2 nos on Ebay and that was it but it was for my 60 Chevy4dr sedan,after being patient for years!I never seen anything for Pontiac though.Some lower quarter panels showed up every now and then and a taillight panel nos but way to expensive.
Door skins on my 2dr HT are easy to get since Chevy is the same.So I ordered one for the driver side.All my floor pans also were ordered from Chevy parts,same with floor under back seat.I even had the option to order a whole floor but it was expensive to ship.Trunk floor is totally different than Chevy.That I ordered on Ebay for Pontiac.Rocker panels are also the same as Chevy.Same for all the moldings around the roof area,glass and so on.I noticed you already did your inner door part.I believe that part could be the same or close on other GM of 59/60 but skins are different,on back doors.
If you happen to find a good 59 parts car or junk yard that has a few,I like to know.If they have the parts I need I won't mind driving up there to pick them up instead of having them shipped.They always seem to arrive damaged.

I will be posting pics soon of my project.

Michayos wrote:
Hi Willy,

Sorry, I don't know of any place in your area.  There used to be a great place in Ohio but I'm not sure they're around anymore.

Mind my asking where you found the door skins?  I've been looking for years and it sure would make the rest of my restoration a lot easier!

I've seen a few places making the 2 door skins but never anything 4 the 4 door models.

Michael
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WANTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: WANTED   WANTED Empty

Back to top Go down

WANTED
Page 1 of 1