Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Single 4 barrel thermostat housing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Single 4 barrel thermostat housing Empty
PostSubject: Single 4 barrel thermostat housing   Single 4 barrel thermostat housing EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 12:52 am

My car has not ran more than a minute or so at a time in years now. I had an offy dual quad on it and my dumb ass didn't put enough anti freeze in it and somehow (south texas) it froze and cracked my intake. So, After months and months I found a single 4 intake that I put on it but I never could find a thermostat housing for it. Are the 4 barrel thermostat housings specific to 4 barrels or will the tri powers or 2 barrels fit? I'm trying really hard (I know I know I say this every year) to get this car back on the road. Needs a lot of odds and ends under the hood since I ditched the dual quads and went to a single
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Palle

PostSubject: Re: Single 4 barrel thermostat housing   Single 4 barrel thermostat housing EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems! The thermostat housings will fit from both 2-barrel and 4-barrel intakes from 58-60. The Three-Power thermostat housing will not fit.
Good Luck, Peter
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: Single 4 barrel thermostat housing   Single 4 barrel thermostat housing EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Robert.....all 1958 to 1960 2bbl and 4bbl thermostat housings are the same. Part #529219. Tri-Power outlets will not fit. Some later year 2bbl and 4bbl outlets may fit, but the orientation toward the radiator inlet (toward the driver side) may or may not be the same. You would need to check that out. I have also seen housings (usually chrome plated) sold in speed shops and auto parts stores that may fit, but again you must compare their size and orientation. Most thermostats are about the same diameter so that part shouldn't be a problem......John
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Single 4 barrel thermostat housing   Single 4 barrel thermostat housing EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks guys, I know I have a few 2 barrels laying around here. Hopefully I can find the thermostat housings for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single 4 barrel thermostat housing   Single 4 barrel thermostat housing Empty

Back to top Go down

Single 4 barrel thermostat housing
Page 1 of 1