Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bonneville value

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello,

I want to go look at a 4 door flat top in nice condition. Odo reads 34xxx so assuming 134K.
AC added with original style parts underhood and unit under dash.
Interior had to be re-done, looks great in pics.
Old paint but presentable and staright body. Chrome issues with the fnt bumper and I know how much that would cost:affraid: .
Car came from AZ but is in Calif now.(driven from AZ by the way)

With my limited description, can you guys throw up some numbers here on what would be a safe price on to pay for this?
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Vince
Back to top Go down
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:02 pm

any ballpark figures?
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Finfan, I love the Bonneville and Star Chief Vistas!

Was the car's interior re-done with correct materials, colors, and style? How is the car's mechanical condition? What is the car's color combination?

I can offer up some ranges, since I regularly track sales of the GM 4-door flat top models from 1959. This body style is my particular passion.

At the top end, this was a fine, original Bonneville that sold for $24,500 on Ebay. The color combination was probably a positive factor here -- Sunset Glow and Cameo Ivory:

Bonneville value 7187347653_45b0e2bd2b_b

Since this was a pretty exceptional car, you would likely pay considerably less for the car you're looking at. A nice, but pretty plain '59 Pontiac Catalina Vista (4-door flat top in Pontiac speak) recently went for about $6,200 on Ebay, but both front and rear bumpers were very rusty-looking, detracting greatly from the overall appearance of the car.

The Pontiac Vistas do not often turn up in nice shape. Solid, presentable Bonneville and Star Chief Vistas can pull as high as $15,000, but, I'd probably peg the car you're looking at in the $10,000 range, perhaps less, depending upon the seller's motivation.

If the chrome were re-done and if the mechanicals and interior are up to snuff, I'd say $12,500 to $14,000. A couple of similar '59 Oldsmobile 4-door flat tops recently sold in the $13,000 range.

These cars, because of the uniqueness of their roof line, seem to attract stronger collector attention than most 4-door hardtops.

Please keep us posted on your decision with this car, and, regardless, we'd love to see photos.

Back to top Go down
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes interior is original style and very nice. Not sure about the carpet as I have not seen in person yet but dash area looks great.
They cant tell if its original paint or not, its a consignment thing.

You sound like you have the market knowledge because its right in there on price.

I dont need another car but it is beautiful.

I will try and post a pic but I am challenged in that area!

Thanks again-
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Finfan, these cars are, in my opinion, highly desirable! If you wish, you could e-mail me the photo, and I'd be happy to post it here for you. brianL@americanconstco.com
Back to top Go down
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 pm

https://s1212.photobucket.com/    I ended up buying her, lets see if this link works to pics.
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Vince, I apologize! I had promised to upload your photos, and here they are:

Bonneville value 10335348664_362a713e50_b

Bonneville value 10335370946_45bb603c70_b

Bonneville value 10335364626_eb0b5a026c_b

A beautiful Vista! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 pm

No worries-thanks alot!
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Vince, we're always eager to see and hear much more about your beautiful car -- whenever you have opportunity.

Hope you receive great enjoyment from your beautiful Pontiac.
Back to top Go down
don_weston

don_weston

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Finfan,

It was with great surprise that I see you purchased my old car!     I owned that car from 1986 until 2005.    Purchased it from a guy in Tucson who had the engine rebuilt at a local High School.    I then put MANY new parts in that car as well as having the interior completely redone with NOS cloth material and new door panels.   The plastic seat covers were also installed to protect the cloth and I'm glad that they are still on as that interior is extremely rare and you will NOT find another one like it as new condition.   I sold the car to a guy in Stockton who came to  Phoenix where I live and drove the car home.   He added the aftermarket AC and I helped him find the correct parts for the engine bracket .    The guy is a retired police officer and I assume you purchased it from the same person I sold it to.   I don't know what you paid for the car but I sold it in 2005 for $14,000 which was more that a fair price for a solid rust free AZ car with no needed repairs.    When I sold the car it had no mechanical issues and the only thing he needed to do was flush and refill the rear axle.    I then purchased a 59 Bonneville coupe after selling the 4Dr Vista you now own.  That car is now in the same covered storage spot where the white Vista used to be.    My coupe is sunset glow with matching correct interior, bucket seats and tripower.  rebuilt engine, etc., etc.   Regards, Don Weston.   P.S... the floor mats were added later and I would be interested in buying them from you if you are willing to sell them.   Call me at (602)332-0194

Last edited by don_weston on Fri May 16, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks Centurion for the compliments but I think it sounds like Don deserves some credit for preserving her too!

Love the history Don, thanks and in the glove box are papers back to the 70's in the name of Hesson I believe. Perhaps you bought it from him?
Sorry to say I purchased it from a repair shop in downtown Stockton who was selling for the widow. 

Oddly enough, the building the shop was in was an old Pontiac dealership until 1980 or so. I still do not have her home as Monday I drove up Monday after work and waited 3 hours for a tow truck that never showed. They are kind enough to keep it inside until I can try again. Might have to re evalute the ole AAA membership!

I will ring you Don, thanks.
Back to top Go down
don_weston

don_weston

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi Finfan,

We never were able to connect up on the phone for whatever reason. Do you still have my old car?
Back to top Go down
Finfan

Finfan

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Yes Don, I do.

Back to top Go down
don_weston

don_weston

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Great! Hope you are enjoying it. I am still interested in the floor mats if you wish to sell them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bonneville value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville value   Bonneville value Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonneville value
Page 1 of 1