Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

decode interoir

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: decode interoir    decode interoir  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:45 pm

How can I decode my stock interior colors and options? Somebody recovered them way back when and I don't know what color or style they were ..any help would be great!
Thanks
Jimmy
Back to top Go down
Cat SS 59

Cat SS 59

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: Re: decode interoir    decode interoir  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Jimmy, the codes, if the seats had not been redone, are on a slip of paper under the rear seat. Might still be there. Have you read our forum in 1959 Restorations, then 1959 Window Sticker? There you will find much info on vehicle option codes decoded. Also, go to www.oldcarmanualproject.com and www.oldcarbrochures.com and you can look at our origial brochures and print if you desire. Although, with all your old cars, this may be stuff you already know. Good luck, Jim
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: Re: decode interoir    decode interoir  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Jimmy…..your Fisher Body trim tag lists code #233. The Dealer Color and Trim Album describes it as "two tone light and dark Seville Grain Morrokide, with Prestwick jacquard woven nylon-faced cloth." The album has sample swatches of the fabrics, which I'll try to post pictures of. I would describe the two vinyls as white and a dark rose color. The cloth appears to be a medium rose color.

The "JX" on your trim tag for accessories indicates a padded instrument panel, which was an option on Star Chiefs……John
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: Re: decode interoir    decode interoir  EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm

well I pulled the seat out today and no tags... but Catbird thanks for the info I'm looking forward to seeing pics if you have any !
Back to top Go down
59 Blue Bomber

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: Re: decode interoir    decode interoir  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 am

If you call or email SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon, with your trim tag #, they will send you a cool book of samples of everything for your car. I got one and it had carpet, seats, headliner, windlace, door panels, you name it.

I pulled my back seat, out of curiosity. I didn't find any tags, but I did find a stamp on the underside of the vinyl of 09-58. Kinda cool.

Chad
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: Re: decode interoir    decode interoir  EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 pm

thanks Chad, I will check that out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

decode interoir  Empty
PostSubject: Re: decode interoir    decode interoir  Empty

Back to top Go down

decode interoir
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: 1959 Pontiac Talk :: What's Your story-
Jump to: