Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: new here    new here  EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi I'm a new 59 owner , I traded my 56 PONTIAC for a Star Chief 4 dr hardtop its missing some parts hopefully I can find some people that can help locate them, its missing some trim pieces and the rear window
glad to be here thanks!
Jimmy

new here  IMG_0233
new here  IMG_0235
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:41 am

Jimmy…..all General Motors car divisions had a four door hardtop for 1959 and 1960. Pontiac called that body style "Vista." Oldsmobile called it a "Holiday," and I'm not sure what Chevrolet, Buick, or Cadillac called theirs. All of the glass for that body style was interchangeable between the divisions, and both years. I don't believe that the rear windshield is being reproduced at this time. That leaves you with the only option of used. I see them on Ebay frequently. I found these two just a few minutes ago.

Item # 220399068744 Pontiac
Item # 120609599159 Oldsmobile

I've also seen the front body trim spears on Ebay occasionally. They are the same for all 1959 models and body styles. They only differ from left to right. The door trim, however is specific to the "Vista" body style, but is common to Bonnevilles, Star Chiefs, and Catalinas, I think. I'll look up the part numbers, and post if they are different. Hope this helps…..John
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:52 am

Jimmy…..forgot to mention, welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice project to work with. Is the color "Sunset Glow," or "Royal Amethyst?"…..John
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Jimmy…..I looked up the molding part numbers for the doors. For the front door, you can use one from any four door sedan, hardtop, or wagon. For the rear door, it's the same, except that they are driver side and passenger side specific, because of the curve in the molding. You cannot use the two door cars unless you modify them, as they are longer……John
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Jimmy, you have my favorite model of all the '59 Pontiacs!

Where are you located? One of us here might be aware of some possible parts sources in your area.
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks John for the help with the parts info ! As for the color I don't know what color it is how would I find that out?
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm

forwardlook1 wrote:
Thanks John for the help with the parts info ! As for the color I don't know what color it is how would I find that out?

Jimmy, please look for the car's Fisher Body data plate, which will appear under the hood on the firewall. When you find the plate, please copy down all the information and post it here. With that information, we can tell you what the car's original color and trim combination was.
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm

At Centurion ... I'm in Merced Ca that would be great to find local people yes I really like this model too I was really looking for 59 Buick but then this came along but I really do like it... but I really hope someday I can find a 59 Buick !
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks I'm going to do that tomorrow !
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 pm

forwardlook1 wrote:
At Centurion ... I'm in Merced Ca that would be great to find local people yes I really like this model too I was really looking for 59 Buick but then this came along but I really do like it... but I really hope someday I can find a 59 Buick !

Jimmy, I'm actually a '59 Buick owner, but check in here because I also love the '59 Pontiacs. If you're ever ready to pursue a '59 Buick, please keep in mind the buick-59.com website. There are a few members here who are also members of that forum.
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks I will.. I definitely want a Buick !
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 am

Jimmy…..the Fisher Body trim tag is an aluminum plate riveted to the cowl ledge just above the driver side hood hinge. It will have letters and numbers coded to the information Fisher Body needed to build your car. The upper left corner should start with 59-2439, which is the body style code for a 1959 Star Chief Vista. The paint code would be two letters, that represent the lower and upper body colors respectively. The second letter for yours should be a "C" for the Cameo Ivory roof. The first letter would be either a "N" for Royal Amethyst, or a "M" for Sunset Glow. There is also a two or three number code for the interior trim, and usually a few letter codes for accessories. If you post these, we can provide some information as to how your car was built. If you can post the one letter in the VIN, we can determine which factory did the final assembly……John
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 pm

heres the tag the vin letter is C

new here  IMG_0243
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Royal Amethyst and Cameo Ivory! This is a very desirable color combination, and the Royal Amethyst seemed to be fairly uncommon on the '59 Pontiacs.

The car appears to have been built at the Southgate, California assembly plant, if I'm reading the body number correctly. This makes sense, given the car's location.

I have a model of a '59 Vista in your color combination!

new here  8288561483_8a1d596c89_b
Back to top Go down
forwardlook1

forwardlook1

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 pm

thanks for the info ....love the model!
Back to top Go down
Cat SS 59

Cat SS 59

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Centurion, what company is your die cast Vista? It looks so good. Did it come Royal Amethyst and Cameo Ivory? I've been looking for a Catalina Sedan in my paint scheme, but can't find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Centurion

Centurion

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Jim, the Bonneville Vista is a new Modelhaus 1/25-scale resin-cast kit that was built-up by a fellow named Sam Oriti.

I am quite sure that a Catalina Sport Sedan model kit can be found, then professionally built-up by one of the several well-known model builders around the country, in the precise color combination of your car. Please drop me an e-mail at brianL@americanconstco.com , and I can furnish all the details.

I have had an exact replica built of my '59 Buick and fully detailed with bare metal foil to look just like my car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new here    new here  Empty

Back to top Go down

new here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: 1959 Pontiac Talk :: What's Your story-
Jump to: