Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Shroud

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex59

Alex59

Fan Shroud Empty
PostSubject: Fan Shroud   Fan Shroud EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:22 am

Hello,

I drive a '59 Pontiac Catalina. Since I live in Germany and we do not have the great highways, the cooling water sometimes up to 105 degrees Celsius is hot. I have installed a 3 Row Alukühler, a transmission oil cooler and an electric fan. But out the result is still not good. Therefore I would like to install a fan shroud. Has anyone ever built one, and if so which ones? and where can I buy this? What can be changed yet, so that the room temperatures not too high?
Thank you very much
Greetings from Germany
Alex
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

Fan Shroud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Shroud   Fan Shroud EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi !

I have a 59 catalina, and it uses the original cooler (or equal type). I have added a electric fan for hot condition idle, but no shroud. Apart from when my engine blew last year i have never had problems with overheating. Even driving to Germany in summer, with caravan, i have had no significant heating problems.

With a large alu radiator you should have no problems keeping cool.

I wonder if you checked for proper circulation (pump fail - sludge in block colling channels - thermostat).

If you have not already tried so, try (for test purposes) pulling the thernostat out of the housing.

If the engine is unmodified it should keep cool.

Hope this helps !
Back to top Go down

Fan Shroud
Page 1 of 1