Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slowly doing something

Go down 
+2
59vista
LBGalaxyman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LBGalaxyman

LBGalaxyman

Slowly doing something Empty
PostSubject: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:06 pm

When I got back from Iraq I went home and did some work on my 59. I vacuumed the inside and got ride of about 40 lbs of crap that was just in the car and i put some whitewalls on it and pushed her back in the garage here are some pics

IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
Back to top Go down
LBGalaxyman

LBGalaxyman

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:07 pm

How come I can't see my pics?
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Apparently you have just pasted in the filenames.
What you need to do is this :

1. Click on the 'host an image' button on toolbar (functions shown when you are typing a message). It is the button with a photo and a floppydisk on it.

2. Now a window appears. Press the 'browse' button and pick the picture file you want to use.

3. Then press 'host it'. Wait patienly for the file to upload..... (what happens is that your picture is stored on a third party server).

4. When the upload is done another window appers. 3 links are shown - these each have a 'copy' button next to them. (the links points to your pictures on the other server).

5. The links have different functions - the one marked 'picture' shows your picture. Press the copy button next to that one. Depending on which one of the 3 links you choose the picture is shown in the text, or a link is shown, and the picture displayed when you click on the link.

6. Now go to the point in your post where you want the picture and use 'paste' function (ctrl + V).

7. A red underlined text (link) appers. Try it out with the 'preview' function.

OK, it sounds like a lot of work, but it is really not that hard when you have tryed a few times.

Good luck !

Christian
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm

I've had to explain this to haha it needs to be easier. Way easier. i never understood why you can never just copy and paste a JPG into a text box anywhere except Microsoft Word. even then....
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

PostSubject: Eureka!   Slowly doing something EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Halle-freaking-luah! It worked! The key phrase in your instructions was "wait patiently". I guess I never noticed loading activity in the background before and assumed nothing happened. I have been able to insert links to pix from another third party server but it was a very laborious process.

I still can't seem to get the actual pictures inside the message body though.
Thanks for the assist!

Test picture

https://i.servimg.com/u/f84/13/74/96/08/gad_pa10.jpg
Back to top Go down
LBGalaxyman

LBGalaxyman

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:40 pm

I've tryed previewing my messages and I still don't see shit, I would rather email every single one you. I live the dinosaur life, nice easy and old fashioned
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:57 am

It all depends on which one of the 3 links you copy into your text. If you pick the right one the picture shows up in the message body (i seem to recal it is marked 'picture', but i am not quite sure - just try & test), but not until you press 'send' or 'preview' - i always like to use the preview when pictures are concerned Laughing . Yep. it is a little crazy, but it all comes down to the fact that the pictures are not hosted on this forum - so the integration is limited, Oh well, as long as it works Smile .....
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 am

Email them to me and I will post them.

Wait, how about this. Until I figure out how to get a gallery to work with our forum, how about I make a photobucket account for all of us pontiac-59ers. We can each make our own album, upload our pictures there, and copy the links from there and paste them here? How about that?

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I like that idea Robert i say do it!

btw i still love your car Bob Smile that one is yours right? in the link?
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Yep Dev, thats my toy.

---------------
Don't give up LBGalaxyman. Still would like to see your pictures.
Back to top Go down
LBGalaxyman

LBGalaxyman

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 am

Hahaha I didn't give up I just sent them to Robert.
The pics I sent him have my white and green 2 door star chief, and the other are 2 station wagons and a Catalina flattop that are in the wrecking yards
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:22 am

http://photobucket.com/

password widetrack

create your own album, upload your pics, paste the IMG link into your posts on here and your pics will show up

This will get us by and it's pretty easy to use

Let me know if you have any problems

Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:52 am

i threw some pics on the photobucket acount, real easy and nice large pic size.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Here I separated yalls pictures into your own folders

Slowly doing something Misc035
Slowly doing something Misc037
Trevor's

Slowly doing something Image-2
Slowly doing something Image-3
And Leonards

Feel free to add pics to your albums and if you haven't made an album, make one and upload as much as you like

Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:13 pm

cool, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slowly doing something   Slowly doing something Empty

Back to top Go down

Slowly doing something
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: 1959 Pontiac Talk :: 1959 Pontiac Restorations-
Jump to: