Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....

Go down 
+2
starchief1959
thechief
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thechief

thechief

if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... Empty
PostSubject: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:23 pm

guys..

i spent the last summer working at Eastside Harley-Davidson in Bellevue, WA.

i ran the rentals desk with a buddy of mine. it was a blast i had a great time. except when things like this happen..

Tour Groups: a huge load of at least 11 people that dont speak any english from the Netherlands come over here and rent 12 bikes. sure thats about $10,000 after its all added up and said n done, but oh my gosh... it takes 2 hours to get all the papers for everyone signed. especially if they dont know anything about the insurance we provide. they never bothered to read it before they came, so we had to explain it. and they didnt like it but bought it anyway... now...

the best part is, we get outside to get everyone set up on the bikes, and it turns out half of the group has never even seen a real life Harley-Davidson. they've all either only ridden Honda 750's, or have only been riding for less then a year and have no experience with 900 pound bikes.

another thing i absolutely hate

Damaged Bikes: sure accidents happen. and yes you did sign the Loss/Damage Waiver stating that you are responcible for the bike. If you purchase the insurance package the dealer provides, it brings your deductable down to $2500 dollars in damage and $5000 if stolen or totalled. most everyone took the insurance. except for about %50 percent of the people that ended up wrecking the bikes. an idiotic look of surprise plays across their face as that %50 realizes they are responcible for the full value of the bike. one gentleman caused $16000 damage to a Road King that was only worth $15000. luckely he bought the insurance, but he refused to pay the $5000 he owed. we had to wrestle it out of him. its not like he had to pay that other $11000...

People who are extremely picky about COLOR: i dont need to elaborate on this one... but imagine getting all the paperwork done and walking outside, only to the renters utter dismay the bike turns out to be Sunglow Red instead of Deep Black. the purturbed customer demands we give him the black bike... that just so happens to be on rent to another gentleman. 15 minutes later, the refunded, furious old man is walking back to his car.

anyways... i loved my summer job there, but i hated those things lol. now that summers over its back to my job at McDonalds of the last 2 years... at least i'm a Trainer now not just a slave haha.. anyone ever rented a Harley?

starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:24 pm

I won't ride a bike. I'm a 4 wheels and a roll cage kind of guy. Not afraid of the bike or riding it, I'm afraid of the dumbasses driving on the road that don't pay any attention.

389ci w/ '60 SD Tri Power - TH350
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm with Chris, Fuck that 2 wheel shit, It's too dangerous...not me or the bike, it's the other dumbasses that couldn't tell if a bus was coming, let alone a little motor cycle.

I actually did the AC and plumbing in the Gruene Harley Davidson out here with my dad's company.

I never understood the bike rental thing. These yuppies come in for a weekend all dress the part and then rent a bike to tool around in for a weekend? That doesn't make sense to me.

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:17 am

its true man. they do. you wouldnt believe how many people rent to go to sturgis. i love riding actually i may get a bike in the future. but for now its alllll Pontiac. but really its sad how many people rent to go to the big sturgis shindig.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 am

That's so awful. I'd be ashamed if I was Harley. They're contributing to posers

Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:36 am

Almost as bad as R.O.T. rally...
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Rhinestone Bikers. if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... 919776

389ci w/ '60 SD Tri Power - TH350
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Fucking awful

Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 am

true that
Back to top Go down
59safaricat

59safaricat

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:34 pm

I rode my brothers Softail Duce a couple of years ago in North Carolina and that 850# 1700CC hunk of metal scared the shit out of me. Too damn heavy and difficult to control at speeds below 11MPH. I was coming off of the bike between gear changes at only 40% throttle....... WAAAAAAAY too much power!! I don't understand the whole Harley obsession. Give me a Honda Shadow any day! Cheaper to purchase, much easier to ride, cheaper and easier to maintain, and has just enough power for fun without being ridiculously suicidal. Actually, how about no bike at all since I live in the Bay Area with a bunch of ignorant, dumbass drivers. Anybody who rides a bike around here is begging for a horrible death.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:25 am

Yeah but how tough can you look in a Honda? haha

Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 pm

i really like Harleys. i love riding them. I dont like smaller bikes i feel like i'm going to die lol i like big bikes. my first bike on the road was my dads Heritage Softail. My mom wont let me ride her Softail Deluxe haha. i rode a Suzuki GZ250 during my motorcycle training course and that bike is just to freakin small... i'm a tall guy, and i only weight like 125ish but i hate small bikes. and sport bikes arent my thing. hopefully i'll get a bike in the next 5 or 6 years.

But you know, i hate old biker guys that smell like smoke and booz and wear the leathers with long greasy ponytails. that i dont like that.. i just like Harley for the bike they make. not the status or stereotype. i never play the status/stereotype game its retarded.

Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:49 pm

I like the greasy smelly stereotypical riders that actually ride their bikes and live the life. I don't like the wanna be, yuppies that drive their Benz to their office job during the week and dress up in leathers and ride their harley (or rent a harley) on the weekends. That's lame

Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 am

ya that is lame lol. thats why i dont dress up Smile i just ride the bike cause i like it. neither me or my parents own leathers. just riding gear when its cold. otherwise its aaalllll tee shirts and jeans haha

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:03 pm

it will be a chopper or a 50s to early 60s bike for me. I might buy a bike for mexico, bomb up and down the coasts and visit Rob in Texas for a couple brews!!??
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:37 pm

haha sounds good. I'm only about 5-6 hours from Brownsville haha

Where are you moving in Mexico?

Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 pm

If you are going to be in Mexico...Bring up some 5 speed Chevy Celebrity parts and 5 Speed Cutlass Eurosport parts along with factory body kits and interiors. The FWD GM A body guys would pay a RANSOM for that stuff.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 pm

haha oh yeah?

Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Seriously. lol...I get like 10 PMs a week over on the a-body board because I am the closest to Mexico. Never been there though.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:59 pm

haha no shit?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....   if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson.... Empty

Back to top Go down

if you ever want to rent a Harley-Davidson....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: General Talk :: General Chat-
Jump to: