Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not a classic, but fun none-the-less.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. Empty
PostSubject: Not a classic, but fun none-the-less.   Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 am

I picked this up in Dec off CL for $400. Totally rust free (northern folks, eat your heart out) and ran...On 2 cylinders. lol I drove it from Leander to my home on 2 cylinders. Someone had put on a valve cover incorrectly and mangled the braces in to an S shape. Kept the intake valves open and the exhaust valves closed. Also, the no. 1 intake pushrod had gone THROUGH the rocker arm. Replaced all that and the ignition module and it was running like new and even the A/C works. Not much to look at now.

Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. Dmuwat
Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. 54wspg

I added the spare carrier from another Blazer and a tinted back window from a GMC Typhoon.

My plans are something like this...

Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. 2m5b4nn

Only without the TA wheels and still having off road capabilities. I'll be using stock Syclone wheel with larger tires.

The mods so far have been:

Window lock out switch - 1st gen S10s didn't come with this.
Oldsmobile Driver Info Center - I still need to work on this. The ECM uses a 160 BAUD datastream and the DIC uses a 8192 BAUD datastream. I need to upgrade the ECM but that will come later.
Factory remote keyless with alarm - not an option until 1992.
1976 Trans Am steering wheel - keeps me close to my love for Pontiacs.

as well as some other options that are wired in but not finished such as:

Retained accessory power
All window down module - all four windows are auto-down and go down at the same time
heated and autodimming side mirrors from a Cadillac Allante - glass fits the original power mirror housings!
autodimming rear view mirror with compass - had it until I let a so-called friend borrow my truck, he kept the truck for 2 months, beat the hell out of it, he also stole the mirror along with my floor jack, other parts and $300 Rolling Eyes
overhead console with HomeLink

I'm also thinking up a way to have rear air as well. LOL

I'm sharing my secret mods with you guys because this is a small board. This will do until I get my classic GM.

I haven't even used 4wd yet... Looks like Robert has some acreage? Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. 39432
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a classic, but fun none-the-less.   Not a classic, but fun none-the-less. EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:12 pm

haha I got some acres it's mostly flat but it's fun when it rains. One time my dad was driving us around with like 8 of my friends in the bed of his cummins. The front tire sank in about 2 feet of mud. haha We got the tractor to pull it out

That blazers are pretty sweet. Sounds like you have a lot of mods ahead of you
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com

Not a classic, but fun none-the-less.
Page 1 of 1