Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's the fastest you've ever gone???

Go down 
+3
59canadianponcho
starchief1959
starchief_59
7 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

What's the fastest you've ever gone??? Empty
PostSubject: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Let's hear it

For me 115 in my truck, I set my speed limiter there so I don't kill myself trying to go faster. It'll do it like nothing though
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Don't know. Never really have been a speeder. I just enjoy driving. Would like to get on a track someday and let her buck though.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah same here but sometimes you gotta race hahaha

For me it's all about the acceleration
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:59 pm

when i do the math ( from km) i think i was doing 132mph in the trans am on a big long stretch of highway heading north out of toronto. My buddy just about shit himself!!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm

haha Damn!
Back to top Go down
pfzilla

pfzilla

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 am

About 110 in my 69 Buick. It was Sunday morning, I was heading to work. I pulled out on to the freeway when a Camaro went flying by and I couldn't resist the challenge. Then I realized that i had bald tires so I backed off.

When I used to deliver newspapers at night, I would deliver to the county detention center at about 2am. Since it was dark and you could see any other cars 10 miles away, I would do about 100 in my Dodge Intrepid to make up time. I know, not what of my brighter ideas.

I used to live in the mountains and me and my buddies would drive fast through the turns. One day I was riding with my (psycho) friend in his 73 Trans Am (with a 455) around a bend at about 80 when the back end broke loose and we went into a power slide. I was sliding sideways towards a redwood tree, when he was able to get control and save us from eminent doom. I had to change my shorts and was having difficulty lighting my cigarette after that. affraid
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:26 am

haha damn!
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Oh well, i tried to let it all hang out in the 59 once - late at night at a strech of freeway with 3 lanes (its uphill, and one of the lanes is a creep lane for heavy traffic. When i went off the throttle at the top of the hill the needle was at 120 mph - my GPS said 190 km/h. The car was rock steady, and i had the road to myself, but still its scary to go that fast. Specially when you know that a car like that is impossible to regaine control of. If you loose it youre properbly not gonna live to tell the story. Now i know, when people ask how fast it is. At a level road i'm pretty sure it would do 200 km/h. I have no plans to test this though.

My regular car, a Volvo V70, 2.5 TDI does 200 too - much less scary, but still way too fast.

I have to agree though, that its alot safer, and alot more fun to fell the pull of a hard launch (or as close as you can get with a 2brl - it woul be nice with a couple more holes) What's the fastest you've ever gone??? 919776
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 6:34 pm

haha nice!!!! You're crazy!
Back to top Go down
59 Blue Bomber

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:59 am

An old topic, I know, but many years ago I Was working for a couple of eccentric brothers, one of which had a collection of exotic/ expensive cars. The list was long, but three that I have driven on many occasions stand out. They were a Lotus Esprit, Porsche 930 Turbo and a Bentley Turbo R. It was my job to take care of these cars and probably two dozen more. These were my favorites:

All less than a year old. It was around 1994

There is a long stretch of I-84 going east from Portland, Oregon, that's almost straight for 13 miles. This begs for some high speed "testing" by a twenty something kid, driving someone else's toys and no one around to tell him no! I don't remember the top speed of the Lotus, but I recall it was freakin' fast for a four banger with four carbs. I did get the Porsche up to around 150, before I crept up on the business end of a Wal*Mart trailer.....fast!

The Bentley was an astounding sleeper. This car weighed in excess of 6000 lbs, had 4 doors, leather couch like seats, enough wood to start a nice fire if one ever got lost and cost $230,000. I managed to get this behemoth, with a 6.8L twin turboed V8 up to 160 MPH, before running out of straight road and bladder control. 'twas fun, but I was playing with someone else's fire....and I had no way of writing checks my ass couldn't cash.........besides if I had wet myself, I would have had to Clean it up.
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 am

In the 59 Cat, a whopping 65 mph. She gets a little vibration after that which I dont like. Ive lowered the car 2" and Ive been told a different center bearing with a slip yoke helps with this. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Not that I have a desire to go any faster in the Cat.
As a younger man I did 165 mph+ on my brothers Honda motorcycle in the middle of the night outside of Edmonton-I was a stupid young lad indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the fastest you've ever gone???   What's the fastest you've ever gone??? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the fastest you've ever gone???
Page 1 of 1