Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First time off jack stands in years!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

First time off jack stands in years!!! Empty
PostSubject: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:01 am

Front suspension is on, tires are on the ground. I also mounted the MSD ignition box. This is exciting...

First time off jack stands in years!!! Msd
First time off jack stands in years!!! Prog
First time off jack stands in years!!! Front-1
First time off jack stands in years!!! BFG
First time off jack stands in years!!! Side

I also got the headers in. I had to make some 45s to go under the frame. I'm not thrilled with how low they are but there's no other way.

First time off jack stands in years!!! Pipe
First time off jack stands in years!!! 45s

It looks sweet though

Last edited by starchief_59 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:03 am

Next step is to get new wheel cylinders and brake hardware.
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 8:20 am

Looks good! I'm only concerned about the ground clearance. My sedan sits pretty low and if I'm not careful I'll scrape the frame rails on speed bumps sometimes.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:32 pm

My Buick would scrape speed bumps with like 3 people in the car. But I think with new shocks and new springs in the back it will help. If the car still bottoms out the pipes that go under the frame are close enough to the front wheels where they should not bottom out.
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Cool.

And yes, new shocks and springs make a HUGE difference. Did mine this year all the way around and got almost a 2" lift all around with the car just sitting in the garage.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Good deal, I'd like the ass end to sit about 2" higher than it does now.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 am

I ordered new springs for the rear, haven't ordered the shocks yet.

I also ordered all the body bushings.

I took it out for a wash, I mounted the hood and the bumper but both will need to come back off. The hinges don't hold the hood up and the bumped has to come off so the core support can go on.

First time off jack stands in years!!! Poncho-2
First time off jack stands in years!!! Side-1
First time off jack stands in years!!! 389-1

I put the hood on but remembered my springs don't hold the weight of the hood up. I was too tired to take it back off.

First time off jack stands in years!!! Garage
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 am

It's all coming together now. Cool
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am

lookin good!! I put headers on mine as well and i think the exhaust will sit pretty low as well. Putting cherry bombs on and dumping it in front of the rear wheel. Its a cheap way to go right now and i will change it in the future when i put the car more to the original condition. Love to see those progress pics!! I still cant post pics (not very good on the comp.) could i send some to ya?
Back to top Go down
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 pm

The cherry bombs are actually pretty nice sounding on these cars. Because the tailpipes are so long after the mufflers it stays pretty quiet inside but is louder than hell behind the car.

I'm actually going to switch though when I rebuild the engine. The kids don't like it so loud and I want to go the sleeper route. Probably switch to a flowmaster or something similar.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 3:17 pm

A lot of people talk crap about Flowmasters but I think the 40s and the super 44s sounds killer. I had a super 44 on my hemi and it was abusive. haha It's so deep it rumbles everything and it was so loud. I don't like magnaflow. The Flowtechs Warlocks on my Hemi sound awesome.

You can email me pictures and I can post them for you.

As for the ground clearance, there's no other way unless you make your own headers to go outside the frame by going on top instead of under neath. Or go through the frame.

I'm going to put cut outs and Thrush glass packs. If I don't like those then I'm going to go with Morroso Spiral flows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time off jack stands in years!!!   First time off jack stands in years!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

First time off jack stands in years!!!
Page 1 of 1