Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

1959 Parisienne Sport Coupe, FINALLY got one !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CDN_Pontiac_409guy

PostSubject: 1959 Parisienne Sport Coupe, FINALLY got one !    Tue May 08, 2018 2:15 pm

My now 17 year old son ended up with it... his first car.
Who am I ?
Actually a  59-64 Chevrolet enthusiast, with a particular appreciation for the Canadian Pontiacs of the era. The 348 / 409 powered cars being my obsession !

Always wanted a 59, and finally after 26 years of this, happened to stumble across a COMPLETELY disassembled white Parisienne ( original paint ) sport coupe, parked beside a car wash, in Manitoba, Canada.
Well, ended up that the owner was so happy that I would actually do something with it.... he gave it to me.
I needed a complete, running, standard shift parts car, to be able to properly re-assemble the hard top. Managed to get one for a modest price, from a fellow in Alberta ( where I am ). 261 6 cyl, 3 speed.
Drove it for a year, then started on the project. My son had such enthusiasm about the car... and a REA: vision of how he wanted it... so, I thought HE should have the car.

During re-assembly, the Parisienne was VERY accurately converted to a 4 speed manual, with a good running 64' 283 at the moment. At this time, uses a 3.08 positraction rear end.

Initially, for this summer, it will be a driver only. Not very pretty ( other than the entire dashboard that is being "show quality" restored at this moment ! ).

however,
My son's plans, which he already started buying stuff for...
Starting with a 1959 283 block, getting bored .030"... with NOS TRW 12:1 compression ( because of the 1964 327 300HP "461" heads having 59 cc comb chambers ), Crower sportsman rods, a violent modern solid lifter cam, Hooker heeders, with an OLD Weiand tunnel ram intake and a pair of Holley carbs ! 7000+ RPM, with a street engine ( small torque, but about 375 HP )
Yes, I have a set of 5.57 gears for the rear ! utilizing the re-enforcing upgrades that I designed and manufacture.

After he gets used to all that... I have a Canadian coded 1959 348 block, freshly bored .060". Used a 409 crank ( 385 CID ), with internals similar to the 283 choices, SEVERELY ported heads, and my own single plane 4 barrel intake.

I'm rambling

Aubrey
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bruneauperformance.ca

1959 Parisienne Sport Coupe, FINALLY got one !
Page 1 of 1