Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Road draft tube

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
59-Star

Road draft tube Empty
PostSubject: Road draft tube   Road draft tube EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Does anyone know where I could get a grommet/gasket for the road draft tube, where connects to the valley pan. I noticed smoke coming from near the distributor. The gasket was gone.
Is there an better method for this breather tube, PVC Valve?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

Road draft tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road draft tube   Road draft tube EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:39 am

59-Star.....not an easy thing to find, and if you do, it will probably be old and dried out. There are kits out there that would convert to a PCV system, but it would be difficult to find a good vacuum source on a 2bbl engine. The 1960 Californication engines were required to have PCV valves, but they had a manifold vacuum port just for that. My suggestion would be to find a 2" piece of rubber hose with a OD to fit the hole in the valley pan, and an ID to fit the road draft tube, if know one hear has a better fix. Hope this helps......John

P.S. How about some pictures???
Back to top Go down
59-Star

Road draft tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road draft tube   Road draft tube EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:37 pm

CATBIRD,

Yes ii will try that, I'm sure I could come up with something.

I can't figure out how to get pictures on this post. I will get my wife to help figure it out.

Thanks again, Ben.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Road draft tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road draft tube   Road draft tube Empty

Back to top Go down

Road draft tube
Page 1 of 1