Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horn contacts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
markymark

markymark

Horn contacts Empty
PostSubject: Horn contacts   Horn contacts EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-59-Impala-Steering-Wheel-Horn-Contact-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5888e6a37fQQitemZ380253938559QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Does anyone know i this contct kit would also fit the 59 pontiac wheel? It sure looks similar. As vwel, does anyone have a schematic for the same-theres alot of old, broken parts under that trim ring!
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

Horn contacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn contacts   Horn contacts EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:18 pm

markymark.....That doesn't look like it would work. The piece at the top of the picture is definately not for Pontiacs, nor is the contact button in the bottom right. I'm still an idiot when it comes to posting pictures, but I'll describe the part sequence in the manual when I get a chance......John
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

Horn contacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn contacts   Horn contacts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 am

So after endless trying, it turns out my steering column was not grounded-I had put in a new rubber joint to connect to the steering box which isolated the column and presto, no horn! Seems I eventually get places, just like to take the long way !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horn contacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn contacts   Horn contacts Empty

Back to top Go down

Horn contacts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: 1959 Pontiac Talk :: 1959 Pontiac Restorations-
Jump to: