Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
59vista

59vista

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. Empty
PostSubject: Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.   Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Just got back from a holiday in Sweden - malmö. Another 800 miles without a hitch, and getting lots of thumps up everywhere. I just love when the other caravan pullers have to gear down to get up the hills - i just pull it up without loosing any speed, and the engine sounds like a little monkey with a large pack of firecrackers. Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. 919776 Not a single misfire - the sound just goes from flop flop flop to bang bang bang - wonderful sound. I have had problems with engine detonation when pulling like that, but i found that SHELL's V-power 99 octane fuel with a bit of lead replacement additive makes the problem go away.

I lost a low-beam light on the way, and i had to complete the rest of the night driving on one lamp, so i just ordered a set of repro improved T3 sealbeams - i'll let you know how well they work as soon as they arrive.

I got a few good pictures i hope, maybe i'll post some when i get them transfered some time...
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.   Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 am

you can get 99 octane over there!?!?! I'm so jealous!!!!

Assuming your motor is a 10.25:1 389 it definitely needs some high octane! It should be fine on 93 though. That's what our V power is rated at and that's what I run in all my vehicles (the ones that actually run).

Glad you had fun, we need pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.   Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:04 pm

i'm not really sure if the octane rating is the same scale, but around here we have 92, 95, 98 and 99 available. The two latter is only available a few places (at 1,5$ / litre, about 7$ / gallon i think). And all is unleaded, so i use lead replacement additive. I may need to tune the ignition, but there is an instant difference from standard 95 to the 99 rated V-power when pulling hard. My loyalty to 99 on the P59 (two others runs 92, respectivly diesel) caused me to run dry this morning on the way to work. My favorit station was closed when i passed it on my way home, and i thought that i could get away with filling it next time. I guess i found the bottom Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. 919776 . And by the way it runs out pretty instantly. I havent tryed this since my youth, and i remember the small fourbangers could run several miles hacking on the last fumes - this is apparantly not the case with a large V8 - it just stops like if you turned the ignition key. I had to call the wife, and ask her to bring me the can for the lawnmower Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

PostSubject: Re: Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.   Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:22 pm

A few pictures :

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. Dscn0615

My youngest son testdriving, until he filanlly found the horn affraid . He just started walking, so this is the next natural step...

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. Dscn0617

Sleep Sleep

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. Dscn0711

Crossing 'Storebælt' bridge. This is the flat protion - on the other side is a large span suspentionbridge - was the second longest in the world when it opened sometime in the nineties...

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. Dscn0618
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.   Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Awesome pictures and Very cute kids!

I ran out of gas in my Buick one day. It just happened to be the coldest day on earth (which is maybe 28 degrees down here). I was just sitting around and decided to drive it to the gas station since it had been a while. I was about half way there and it started to sputter. I pulled it over and started walking to the gas station. haha Wrong day to run out of gas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.   Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vacation trip with 59' + 79' caravan to sweden.
Page 1 of 1