Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe Empty
PostSubject: UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe   UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:43 am

I decided yesterday to browse craigslist to see if I could find a 1963 Catalina or Grand Prix for a decent price. I originally wanted a 1963 Catalina but I found my '62 Catalina for a good price and then found my '62 GP for a good price but I really wanted a '63. I found one in NM, It's a 63 Catalina 2 dr ht with a Grand Prix grill, 8 lugs, 3 speed on the floor and bucket seats, no console. The price was fair and the rust is pretty minimal. Of course it's still a project but to me it's worth the money. Not much to look at but the body is straight with some rust in the 1/4s and in the passenger fender but good solid floors.

I'm debating on whether I should leave the '62 GP alone and fix it up stock and throw my stroker motor in this car instead. I don't know but here are some pics from the listing. Again, not much to look at but it's a good solid project car. Not to mention the parts are worth 3 times what the car is.

UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe 3ka3m53pbZZZZZZZZZ95t2d5efb077aa417
UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe 3kf3m63l1ZZZZZZZZZ95tfee8d909dd0810
UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe 3me3p43l1ZZZZZZZZZ95te5d99e69f49619
UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe 3nc3od3p3ZZZZZZZZZ95td385d6c1f54f1f

I'll probably fix up the '62 GP and leave it pretty much stock. Maybe do some body work and get it in primer and then sell it. Then throw my stroker motor in the '63 and build me a 12 second '63 instead of a '62.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe   UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:14 pm

that sounds like a good plan, hopefully when i move i can come visit and play with all your cars!!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe   UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:57 am

haha you're welcome to...if I have any running by then! haha

I just can't stay focused. Lately I've been helping my best friend's girlfriend get her '68 fire bird on the road again. She bought it a few years ago and last June the tranny went out. I found her a good TH350 for $200 so we threw that in there and got it running and driving for the first time in a year tonight! She's stoked. Then I blew the tranny in my '86 Dodge and rats chewed up all the ignition under the hood so I've been fucking with that. And then all the problems with my '59, and tryin' to pay for the motor I'm getting built. I got a full plate!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe   UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:42 pm

I bought her home. She looks pretty good. Less rust than I expected, more dents than i expected. Decent little car. The 8 lugs look cool!

I need to decide what I want to do though. I have a brand new set of black wall cheater slicks...but theyre for a 15" rim. I need to figure out what to do with them
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe   UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Here's our rig.
UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe Untitled

UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe Yruytut
We stopped for food and gas in Las Cruces, New Mexico
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe   UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe Empty

Back to top Go down

UUHH Change of Plans...Maybe
Page 1 of 1