Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pontiac Dimise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wydtrac

wydtrac

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:14 am

What, no one wants to talk about the geniuses at GM that decided to flush the Pontiacs?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.classicconvertibles.net
59 Bonneville

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Demise of Pontiac   Pontiac Dimise EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:54 pm

What can you say,we knew it was coming,first Buick engineered the demise of Olds,now they have stabbed Pontiac in the face,behind the scenes,they probably are plotting to do away with the remaining 2 divisions[no big loss].I have always been loyal to Pont.and Olds,I can now only hope GM goes away permanently,and disgracefully.I will now shop only Ford.I would love to see GM implode on it's own arrogant and mismanaged self.................
Back to top Go down
pfzilla

pfzilla

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:15 pm

It's a sad day indeed. It sucks that such a once proud nameplate was reduced to clown car status the last few years (read: Aztec, Vibe, Sunfire, etc..) All this blather about imports being so dependable. How many 35 year old Toyotas or Nissan (Datsuns) do you riding around these days. Yet here we have a site dedicated to just one 50 year old model. I guess that is kind of a "those were the good ole'" days thing. I look in my driveway at my '59 sitting in the driveway and then look across the street and see the crumpled heap of a Mitsu that was totaled in a "fender bender". Its kinda scary that I could be telling my grandkids that Gramps had a car called a "Pontiac" made by a company named GMobama (oops, thats the new name). Oh well, I guess its true, the only constant in the universe is change.
Back to top Go down
59 Bonneville

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:01 pm

I feel the same way....my daily drivers are still my 73 regal and 73 grandville,except in the winter,i drive my Grandpa's 85 Le Sabre[which I took to Phoenix and back last week from Chicago!]The 59 Bonnie comes out to local shows,or to family's parties where I can be GUARANTIED driveway space! I refuse to drive new cars,you ABSOLUTELY cannot beat the old bombers[when they quit running,I'll ride my Schwinn Varsity!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise EmptySun May 03, 2009 4:00 am

Sad shit, It still doesn't make any sense to me. I mean WTF, Pontiac was 3rd in Sales for GM, drop Saturn, drop Buick, drop Hummer, drop worthless GMC not Pontiac.

I think a lot of it really has to do with the whole "Import good, domestic bad" vibe. F*** Honda and Toyota.

Shit, MOPAR is next. Well i guess they already filed for bankruptcy. I don't know what happens now but I'm sure it's not good. I'm gunna have to put "RIP" under my huge MOPAR sticker on my truck. oh well

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
pfzilla

pfzilla

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:43 am

Whats the matter? You don't want to put a Fiat sticker on your truck? Pontiac Dimise 919776 Shocked
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:08 am

hahah f*** no. A new Dodge will never be in my future. I'll stick with my 2007 and my 1986.

Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

Pontiac Dimise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pontiac Dimise   Pontiac Dimise Empty

Back to top Go down

Pontiac Dimise
Page 1 of 1