Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?   Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:08 am

Anyone???? It's twice a year in South Texas. It's an old air strip that they use for a FULL standing mile race. I went out there today and HOLY F**KIN SHIT THAT WAS BAD ASS!!!!

The fastest bike was like 255MPH and the fastest car was a Supra at 243MPH. Holy shit that's soooo insane to see in person. I'm pretty sure the youtube video on the Bugatti vs the Twin Turbo Hennessey Viper was filmed there also. Neither one of those cars were as fast as this Supra.

Lots of 'Stangs doing 180, Porshes breakin into the 200s, I think a viper ran 190s, some Vettes running 180+. Most vehicles ran over 170. The slowest 2 I saw were old school looking motorcycles (maybe old harleys, kind of bobber style) One ran 150s and the other ran 130s I think. F**king insane, if you get a chance to go, GO
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?   Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:46 pm

F**k it, I'm gunna take my pontiac when it's finished. Just to be the only old car. I should get a big decal of a middle finger on the back window. haha
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?   Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:17 pm

take it for sure!!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?   Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 pm

I say "why not?"

With the gears I'm going with and my tires I'll top out at about 120-130. I think I have plenty of motor and plenty of room to do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?   Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever heard of the Texas Mile Race?
Page 1 of 1