Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super Duty Lemans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Super Duty Lemans Empty
PostSubject: Super Duty Lemans   Super Duty Lemans EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:14 pm

What do yall think about that SD Lemans on ebay? 226,$$$!? That's a lot of money. Would yall restore it to factory or race specs? Would you flip it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
CATBIRD

Super Duty Lemans Empty
PostSubject: Super Duty   Super Duty Lemans EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 12:39 am

I have always enjoyed drag racing, and dabbled in it in my misspent youth. I'm fortunate to have seen many of those type cars when they were the cutting edge of the sport. That car and the others like it deserve to be restored to original and preserved as historical artifacts. That being said, it would be very difficult to find the original engine-drive train if it still exists at all. A 421 Super Duty is extreemly rare to begin with. I have a friend with a documented 1962 Super Duty Catalina, and he has been on the trail of the original engine for several years now. That however, does not make them less valuable, as that auction seems to prove! Many of these cars blew their engines in the heat of competition and were replaced with Service Replacements. If I were able, I would restore it and inclose trailer it to shows for everyone to see and enjoy. There are plenty of less valuable cars and better performance technology out there to risk damaging these. Just my opinion.....John
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Super Duty Lemans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Duty Lemans   Super Duty Lemans EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 6:18 am

I still don't think I would restore it to original. It was famous for being the fastest in '63. It was not famous for being stock. The rear end was swapped for a big car rear and things like that. I don't know exactly what all was changed. Either way it would be a very sweet car and worth a ton of money.

As bad as I would want to drive the piss out of it I don't think I could. Like that artical said "The entire car is made out of Unobtanium." It wouldn't be worth wrecking. But If I had a regular SD Catalina I would drive the piss out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

Super Duty Lemans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Duty Lemans   Super Duty Lemans Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Duty Lemans
Page 1 of 1