Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where is evryone?

Go down 
+7
mus098
bjorn1230
Catalina Vista
starchief_59
Michayos
Cat SS 59
PontiaCat59
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 1:26 am

This is a valuable website (resource) for 59 Pontiac owners yet the last posting was made December 25th 2015.  Come on people, don't let this die on the vine!  Surely many of you have questions or have projects in progress.  Share, share, share!  So as to not be labeled a hypocrite, here is my latest tip:  Make sure there are no tools or parts on top of the air cleaner when the car is up on a lift.  Why?  Because the hood just might slam shut from the lift movement and you end up with a puncture to the hood that costs almost $800 to repair!  Yeah, made me sick.
Back to top Go down
Cat SS 59

Cat SS 59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi Bob, things have been a little slow around here. Maybe an early spring will pick up the posts and questions. Here's my tip, while mowing the lawn last spring, I wore a Head net sprayed "real good w/ bug dope" to keep the black flies off my face.
When I was done mowing, I threw the head net on top of the car cover of my 59. What could a little head net do?? About a month later I went to take off the cover and the head net and cover was stuck to the lacquer paint! Now I have a soft ball size imprint on my trunk that looks like the material of the cover. Jim
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Wow, that really stinks!  Any chance that it will buff out?
Back to top Go down
Cat SS 59

Cat SS 59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 12:25 pm

It's still green, so I don't want to make it worse. I'm afraid I will take off the paint if I try anything? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Blah, don't remind me how I'm slackin off. My day job has been crazy busy and I don't think I've touched my car since September 2015. By the time I get home and grab dinner I'm totally wiped out and ready for bed. I'm expecting to be traveling through Europe for a good part of the next 2 or 3 months so it will probably be May before I get back to work on my beast.
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Jim,
I will have to defer to the guys who know paint.  Me, I'm just a hacker.  Surely with the expertise of some of the members of this site you'll get some good advice.  Speak up guys!

Michyaos,
Understand the time constraints totally.  Because my skill sets are so limited, I enjoy all the contributions that are made to this forum and would hate for folks to lose interest.  Surely I am not alone in this regard.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:16 am

I've been away way too long. Sometimes life gets in the way and leaves little time for Pontiacs.

Does anyone know how we can promote this forum more? I'm not very computer savvy. It's actually a miracle that I figured out how to make this forum in the first place.

I need to look into some advertising and marketing and get this page off the ground. Buick-59 really took off. For some reason this one hasn't. It will. I just need to figured out how to make it happen.

Thanks to all the guys who do frequent this page. When I started building my 59 Star Chief there was very little knowledge to be found on 59s. I've learned a lot and I'm sure others have as well. We need to share the knowledge and keep putting these 59s back on the road
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Michayos

Michayos

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:00 pm

I still check in from time to time just to see what everyone else is up to but you're right, life has a way of keeping you preoccupied. I'm still working on my 59 but not as aggressively. My abilities, and my limited access to tools, have been holding me back but I think I'm getting back on track.

As to promoting the site, I'm not marketing guru but what about a page in some social media like facebook that promotes this site?
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 7:26 pm

I've posted links on all the pontiac pages I follow. Maybe there just isnt a big 59 following. Someone suggested a 59/60 merger page since theyre so similar which I am not opposed to.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 7:17 am

I been keeping little brake with cat and focusing my other cars.
Last summer i start to strip cat ready for painting and get it near 90% bare metal.
This summer i been painting it one part at time.
Now its allmost ready for reassembly.
Next task will be interior and then in some point, full engine rebuild.
Back to top Go down
http://miekkiohotrod.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Show us some pics Catalina Vista!
Back to top Go down
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 8:08 am

Man im so unskilled for putting pictures in net.
Ill try....
Ivbeen polishing all the pitted shiny parts.those anodized aluminum pieces are pita to work.
If someone remember, i was searching data for original distributor...
Now i have Sun distributor test bench and data cards for allmost every american and european cars for 50-70 years.....
Back to top Go down
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Where is evryone? Photo135
Where is evryone? Photo110
Where is evryone? Photo118
Where is evryone? Photo113
Where is evryone? Photo111
Where is evryone? Photo116
Where is evryone? Photo117
Where is evryone? Photo115
Where is evryone? Photo112
Where is evryone? Photo114
Where is evryone? Photo120
Where is evryone? Photo125
Where is evryone? Photo119
Where is evryone? Photo126
Where is evryone? Photo127
Where is evryone? Photo123
Where is evryone? Photo121
Where is evryone? Photo124
Where is evryone? Photo122
Where is evryone? Photo129
Where is evryone? Photo130
Where is evryone? Photo128
Where is evryone? Photo131
Where is evryone? Photo132
Where is evryone? Photo133

Heres some.Also few pictures of my dog and cows and me, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Just thinking....how many different cars and tractors you recognize and what are the cow and dog breeds?
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 11:33 am

Back up deletes!
Back to top Go down
bjorn1230

bjorn1230

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Cool photos, love the dog as well. Trying to finish off my floors on my Catalina Coupe, but my buddy had to use his mig welder Evil or Very Mad so I'm currently in a holding pattern. Will post photos when I can Smile
Back to top Go down
mus098

mus098

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Catalina Vista wrote:
Just thinking....how many different cars and tractors you recognize and what are the cow and dog breeds?

Hi,I see a Ford 26M sitting there,very cool!!!Had 2 myself,and 20mRS,some 17m's,15mrs,all 2dr HT except the 15mRS,that was a 2dr coupe.Now I have a 59 Catalina 2dr HT I'm restoring.
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Still here...   Where is evryone? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Finally some progress. I have managed to get a well used 60' engine w. trans off e-bay (1000$ and 3000$ freight affraid ). I just pulled the heads, and will send them off for pressure test and new valves.
So after 1 and a half driving season lost, i have hopes for the summer Smile.
Back to top Go down
59 Sport Coupe

59 Sport Coupe

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:48 am

59vista wrote:
Finally some progress. I have managed to get a well used 60' engine w. trans off e-bay (1000$ and 3000$ freight affraid ). I just pulled the heads, and will send them off for pressure test and new valves.

cheers Cool, Good news
Back to top Go down
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Ive been waiting all winter my new weatherstrips for doors and rear window.
Hopefully they come before spring.
Also i bought new project for my wife, a 1957 Mercury Turnpike cruiser 4d ht which is missing some small parts like engine and transmission and got rusted pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Vista

Catalina Vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

59vista wrote:

Little late for you but P.G.Larsson bildelar tibro in sweden has good stock of old pontiac parts and is not very far from you.
I just take road trip (1600km) to visit them and bought correct cruiseomatic transmission for my Turnpike cruiser.
And i did noticed there is one complete 60 pontiac engine sitting in storage.
Back to top Go down
59vista

59vista

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Just picked my heads up yesterday (another 1200 $ or so Rolling Eyes ), and they now have new valves, a rocker stud replaced (with one from my cracked head), and looks OK. I just moved the coolant distribution pipes tonight, and noticed that the 60' heads has some small 'pins' inside the coolant channel casting, which were not there on the 59 heads. They made it hard to insert the distribution tubes, and i hope i never have to remove them again,
Next problem is getting the locator pins out for reuse, without damaging them. They seem stock.
The head gaskets has a coolant passage, near the middle exhaust port, that only lines partially up - the gasket covers half the hole. Anyone hwo has experience with this ? - should i modify the gasket, og leave the hole half covered ?
No matter what, it is sooo nice with some progress. cheers
Back to top Go down
PontiaCat59

PontiaCat59

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptySun May 14, 2017 10:44 pm

I am so amazed that there are so many 59 Pontiac enthusiasts in Europe which is very cool by the way.  I have a hard enough finding parts in the US...can't imagine your challenges.  Keep posting!
Back to top Go down
59 Sport Coupe

59 Sport Coupe

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyMon May 15, 2017 5:04 am

PontiaCat59 wrote:
I am so amazed that there are so many 59 Pontiac enthusiasts in Europe which is very cool by the way.  I have a hard enough finding parts in the US...can't imagine your challenges.  Keep posting!

I think in Europe we have too much Mustang, Corvette, Pick-up, Muscle cars ...
So when we cross a 59 Pontiac we can not remain indifferent. But I confirm, it is really difficult for us to get the heavy or bulky pieces. Because the cost of shipping and taxes is stunning.
Back to top Go down
sparklyman

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm in UK....just acquired 59 Bonny coupe for restoration - engine missing heads and I think chances of finding replacement 59 heads this side of the Atlantic is slim to zero.

Have read that Pontiac had warranty issues with gusher heads, pipes becoming clogged and exhaust valves failing, which is why they stopped using them. Maybe that's why mine were robbed ?

Good to see enthuasts here from Finland, France, Denmark  .. any of you guys able to comment on alternative year heads that will work ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where is evryone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is evryone?   Where is evryone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is evryone?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: 1959 Pontiac Talk :: General '59 Poncho Chat-
Jump to: