Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Austin

Go down 
+2
Cat SS 59
rixrex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rixrex

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 am

I'm currently putting a 59 Bonneville Safari nine-passenger stationwagon back on the road..waiting in the wings are a 66 Gran Prix 2DHT, a 67 Bonneville convertable 400 and a 68 Executive 428SJ,,all of these are field cars with the wagon being my favorite..I got all excited when I learned the wagon is much rarer than the convertable..I'll be checking in with you guys along the way for expert advise....Rick
Back to top Go down
Cat SS 59

Cat SS 59

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Welcome to the site Rick. Glad to hear the 59 is first in line of your projects. Jim
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Welcome Rick. We'd love to see some pics of your 59! Michael
Back to top Go down
chuckwp

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi Rick,
Just found this sight. Working on a 59 Catalina 4 dr. hardtop for a customer. I am in Austin as well. Your wagon sounds cool. I had a 66 Catalina Safari wagon about 25 yrs ago. Wish I still had it. I'm no wxpert on 59 Ponchos but, let me know if I can assist.
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Rick.....I just happened to reread your post. Are you sure you have a Bonneville Safari, and/or a third row of seating? To the best of my knowledge, only the Catalina series had a 9 passenger wagon.

On the subject of wagons, I happened upon a little known and interesting option for them. It was possible to order a split fold-down front seat back in Catalina Safaris. I suppose this was to allow longer items to be carried without hanging out the back......John
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Good to see some more Texas boys. We'll have to all get together sometime
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
Sponsored content

Hello from Austin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Austin   Hello from Austin Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Austin
Page 1 of 1