Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front floor supports

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michayos

Michayos

Front floor supports Empty
PostSubject: Front floor supports   Front floor supports EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm working on getting everything ready to replace the interior floor pan.  I've heard the forward most support was only used on Pontiacs and I've yet to find anyone who makes them.  

Does anyone know where I can get these?  I think I can repair mine but I'd really like to put in a new one if I can.

Here's a pic of mine off the passenger side

Front floor supports Dsc01814

and a picture of it sitting in place on the new floor pan

Front floor supports Dsc01815

Most Pontiacs have 4 supports for the interior floor but I have seen 5 supports on a few Bonnie's.  They are positioned as follows from front to back:
- First is under the feet of passengers and the driver sitting in the front seat as shown above
- Second is just in front of where the front seat mounts to the floor
- Third is just behind where the front seat mounts to the floor
- Fouth is under the feet of passengers sitting in the rear (this one is rare but I have pictures to prove it exists on some cars)
- Fifth is under the rear seat

WARNING:  Everyone who sells the floor supports lists the second support as being the first.  Ames has the pictures for the floor supports messed up in a big way and they don't seem to care about fixing it.

The second, third, and fifth support can be found from many sources including Ames but I suggest you ask for a picture before making your purchase to ensure you get the right one.
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

PostSubject: Re: Front floor supports   Front floor supports EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 am

For anyone doubting me on the 4th support I mentioned here are pictures to back it up.  I ran across these while researching what I needed to restrore my interior floor...

Front floor supports C712-u10

Here's another shot showing the 4th support on both sides

Front floor supports C712-u11
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

PostSubject: Re: Front floor supports   Front floor supports EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:25 am

Wow!  I went looking for the source of these pictures and realized this car is (or was) owned by glpage who is a member here.  Small world...

Here's a link to info on the car and a lot of very nice pics... and yes, I'm drooling again!

http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/59_Pontiac_c712.html
Back to top Go down
Michayos

Michayos

PostSubject: Re: Front floor supports   Front floor supports EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Ok then, since it doesn't look like I can buy this anywhere, I spent last night repairing it.  It cleaned up pretty good from sandblasting and its in better shape than I thought.  There were only 3 spots I had to replace along the sides where it spot welds to the floor pan.

Front floor supports Dsc01819
Back to top Go down
brasil

PostSubject: Re: Front floor supports   Front floor supports EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi ! try " original parts group" , they have floor brace  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front floor supports   Front floor supports Empty

Back to top Go down

Front floor supports
Page 1 of 1