Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Window fuzzies??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
markymark

markymark

Window fuzzies?? Empty
PostSubject: Window fuzzies??   Window fuzzies?? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:12 pm

I know I must be getting a little annoying on this site by now...sorry. Anyway, just spent a glorious day pulling my interior apart-though i'm not doing a full restoration, I do want to fix things that need fixing. I think most of my felts (not the channels, just the fuzzies) flew south several decades ago. Does anyone know of anyone who makes them-I'd prefer generic stock-probably a little cheaper-just something so the windows dont rattle or get scratched up. Any leads? Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Window fuzzies?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window fuzzies??   Window fuzzies?? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm interested also if you find anything
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
CATBIRD

Window fuzzies?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window fuzzies??   Window fuzzies?? EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 am

markymark and starchief_59.....Try here, it's where I got mine.

RESTORATION SPECIALTIES & SUPPLY, INC.
P.O. BOX 328
WINDBER, PA. 15963

PHONE...1 (814) 467-9842

www.restorationspecialties.com

Call them for a catalog. $3.50 but well worth it. I think they refund the cost with a purchase. Not sure because I pick one up free each year at their booth at Carlisle. The catalog has full size sectional views that can be matched up to your originals. They have both inside and outside fuzzies (technically belt molding weather strips.) They also have glass run channels, and all kinds of clips and fasteners for our cars.
The fuzzies were originally stapled onto the edge of the door skin and the top metal portion of the door trim panel. It is nearly impossible to drill holes in new fuzzies to line up with the original staple holes. What I did was find some very small flathead sheet metal screws to mount them. A dab of black paint on the screw head and they are buried in the fuzzie......John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Window fuzzies?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window fuzzies??   Window fuzzies?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Window fuzzies??
Page 1 of 1