Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear control arm bushings-who sells them?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
markymark

markymark

rear control arm bushings-who sells them? Empty
PostSubject: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm having a tough time locating these!! I've finished the front and I figured I'd pull the rear out (glad I did) but the lower control arm bushings and that huge top one that sits on the differential aren't available through Kanter or Ames...any ideas?? Is there a Moog p/n??
Back to top Go down
59safaricat

59safaricat

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:18 pm

IIRC, the rear upper/lower control arm bushings are the exact same and interchangeable with the lower control arm bushings in the front suspension.
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:29 pm

http://pontiacparts.net/Chassis/default.htm

I think this little list might contain what I'm looking for...
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:31 pm

...under "rear control arm" in the blue column on the left.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 am

I didn't think anyone made them so those are the only bushings I didn't change out
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

markymark.....The rear lower controll arms and the upper forward yoke use the same bushings as the front lower controll arms (total of 6 needed.) The rear bushing of the upper yoke where it attaches to the differential is that 530017. They are rather hard to come by. In the last year and a half, I only found three on E-bay. If you can't find one, I can send you a used but usable one......John
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:56 am

The person at California Pontiac Restorations also told me theyve come up from time to time on ebay-Ive never seen them though. Mine is cracked down the centre and in my opinion unservicable.
John, I would be most interested. You can pm me or my email is mkrahn1@telus.net.
Mark Krahn
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 am

http://forums.aaca.org/f170/gm-bushings-help-256309.html

Apparently somebody has a large stash of them-pm sent

I'm not hlding my brreath, but thanks or the part number CATBIRD
Mark
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 am

markymark.....If you can get one from the link that you provided, go for that first. 50 year old NOS is still going to be better than 50 year old used. If you strike out, I'll send you this one for the cost of postage. This summer I decided to replace everything underneith my car; front and rear suspension, all the steering components, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, the works. Found a few interesting things doing this project. All the bushings were in relatively good shape for 50 years. I threw them all away since they had to be pressed out, and they are easy to find anyway. I saved that 530017 because the NOS was so hard to find. Surprisingly all of the factory bolts were grade 5. I replaced them with grade 8 (9/16-20x4".) I stood the front and rear springs next to their respective new replacements and they were exactly the same height: no sag at all! The lower ball joints were bolted in, meaning that they had been replaced at some time. The uppers were still riveted in from the factory. All the suspension and steering was tight and showed no real wear. The shocks were working but were not original and looked ratty. The rag joint hung up and tore when I lowered the steering box, so I guess that was due to be replaced. That was a PITA to get apart. The worst thing was the swaybar. Rust and wear had reduced the 3/4" bar to about 1/2" where it passes through it's bushings, which were also shot. I'm waiting for the new bar now so I can finish up. You can't put the lower A-arms on until the bar is in place. All in all, I was impressed with how everything held up for these many years......John
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 am

I just received an email from the fellow today-I guess they were all sold right away-pity. Yes John, I'd love to take you up on your generous offer-my front end is almost completed, and Im just waiting on some lowered wagon springs from Jamco an Ill be ready to get going on the back. I should really post up some pics soon.
John, my email address is just up a few posts. Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 am

markymark.....Always want to help a fellow Pontiac restorer, mainly because I'm well aware of the trials and tribulations of keeping these cars on the road. PM me with your address and I'll send it to you. Send me a check when you see what the postage is. I'm a nice guy, but I'm not Santa Claus. I just got the swaybar yesterday from Steve at Indiana Pontiacs. Now I can get the front end back together. I did an interesting thing while waiting for the swaybar, that might be helpful to everyone. I used a #3 bit to drill through the swaybar brackets and into the center of the bushings. Then I used a 1/4"x28TPI tap to thread the brackets. Screwed in a couple zirk fittings, and I can now keep the bushings greased......John
Back to top Go down
CATBIRD

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:32 pm

markymark.....I sent it out today. For $4.03, it's not worth the trouble to mess with money orders and exchange rates. Merry Christmas! Pass along the good deed to someone else, just as long as they're not French-Canadian. Ho Ho Ho.....Santa

P.S. I would like chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk this year
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:10 am

WOW-an early Christmas present! milk and cookies it is! Thanks alot-it is really appreciated, and I'll pay it forward as they say. I'll let you know when it shows up.
Mark
Back to top Go down
markymark

markymark

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:29 am

Received bushing yesterday!! Thanks for the early xmas present Catbird, and sandblasted no less! It should be going on in short order
Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear control arm bushings-who sells them?   rear control arm bushings-who sells them? Empty

Back to top Go down

rear control arm bushings-who sells them?
Page 1 of 1