Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone dealt with this guy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

Anyone dealt with this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:32 am

dude thats gross to have that many vintage Pontiacs and let them all go to pot.... theres all the rest of them! jeez no wonder they're rare haha
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:29 am

haha he doesn't let them go to rot, he buys lots of $200 cars and parts them out. Most aren't saveable anyway

I have never bought anything from him because I think all his prices are outrageous. I wanted the part of the floor pan where the pedal mounts to and he told me he would have to charge me X amount just to go look through his cars to find a good one, then plus like $100 for the part since I would be ruining a full floor pan. I've tried to buy lots of parts but never made a deal with him because I felt his prices were too much. I'm not cheap either, if I see something I want or need I buy it but I have to draw the line somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm

haha okay well thats good i guess. I have a buddy down the road from me that owns a junk yard family business... they dont have much, but they have some neat stuff back there. and this guy can tell me anything. i took two automatic trannys down to him to scrap and he barely glanced at them and he told me the year range and brand. Appearently one was a Hyrda-Matic and one was a Turbo 350, one from a Pontiac and one from an Oldsmobile. pretty crazy haha
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 am

you scrapped a hydramatic!?
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 pm

i cant remember if it was a hydramatic or a powerglide. yes i'm a sinner but my dad wanted them gone so i had no choice
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:19 pm

If it weighed like 500 lbs it was probably a hydramatic, if it weighed like 200 lbs it was a PG haha
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:56 pm

nah dude it was easy to heft with my bro helpin me. it wasnt 500 pounds lol 200 is closer
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am

After I pulled the hydramatic out of my 59 me and my friend had a hard time carrying it. It's a heavy bastard. I've carried TH350s and powerglides by myself no problem. Well, it was touch hoisting one into the bed of my truck by myself but no way I could have done it with a Hydramatic
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

ya i carried it myself and i'm a skinny dude... so ya haha. i feel stupid i cant remember what he said it was
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:50 am

Well it could have been some sort of TURBO hydramatic which is what the TH stands for in th350 and th400. I don't know how much theyre based off of the actual hydramatics but the original hydramatics are way cooler
Back to top Go down
thechief

thechief

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm

ya thats probably what it was. i remember seeing a tag on one of them that said TH350 so i dunno
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 pm

The th350s and the th400s and the 700r4s and the powerglides and ST300s all look pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy?   Anyone dealt with this guy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone dealt with this guy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pontiac-59.com :: 1959 Pontiac Talk :: For Sale/ Wanted-
Jump to: