Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time to clean out the garage AGAIN

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Time to clean out the garage AGAIN Empty
PostSubject: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:13 am

I was cleaning up the garage today and I have all kinds of crap I don't need.

I'm going to make a list soon but here are some things off the top of my head. Price include shipping but negotiable

* Power brake assembly everything from pedal to MC, including the assembly with "Power Brake" pedal and original MC AND what I was told was NOS but might just be rebuilt MC and he booster which is not rebuilt but original. I also have a good vacuum canister for it that I brush painted with POR 15 a long time ago. I'd like to get $175 for all of it

* I still have a 59 2 barrel intake. Actually I think I might have 2. $40 each

* 63 2 barrel intake $40

*63 Slim Jim 3 speed tranny pulled from a running Catalina a few years ago. $300 Won't ship but might deliver.

* 63 high compression 389 2 barrel. Original 80K pulled from a running Catalina. $500, won't ship but delivery is possible

* mid 60s Olds 442 Tach. Not sure if it works, needle moves freely $120

* 2 Mopar 727 transmissions. One big block, one small block, both pulled from running vehicles (motorhome BB and truck SB). $150 each, won't ship, may deliver

* '74 Dodge small block 2 barrel intake and Holly 2 barrel, pulled from running truck but been sitting outside. $50

* 59 389 timing cover $75

* 1 or 2 sets of 62/63 Pontiac valve covers $45 a set, I'll take them down to bare metal and paint the early Pontiac Blue

* decent set of MT finned aluminum valve covers. I shined one of them up nicely, I haven't touched the other one. $110 and I'll finish cleaning up the second one

* 55-57 Pontiac 3 speed flywheel and bellhousing. Will fit 58-60 motors also but won't fit Muncie trannies. These can be machines to fit Muncies $200, not cheap to ship

* 3 tube hedman headers. Collector flange cut off $100 won't ship

* 59, 62 and 63 exhaust manifolds. I think the 62s are identical to the 59s but have different part numbers. The 63s are a little bit different $45 each

* 3.23 ring and pinion in great shape, fits 57-64 Olds and Pontiac $150

* '59 4 speed hydramatic was working great in 2003 when the car cracked a head. It's been sitting in my garage since then $100 won't ship, may deliver

* I think it's an early 60s Chevy clutch pedal assembly, might be for a 59. It doesn't fit '59 Pontiacs. $125

* 59 Bonneville emblem. I think it's for a '59. It's gold and I think it's missing a tab or 2. $15

* '57 or '58 Pontiac Oil Pressure gauge. Real nice $50

* Late 60s/early 70s full size mirrors. I think that's what they are. They're pretty nice $45

* Ford 99+ Super Duty 8 lug wheels. They're Eagle Alloy 16.5X8? or maybe even 10" wide. They're real nice, I just don't have a Ford anymore. $250 won't ship, may deliver

* 2 quadrajets off of a late 70s Chevy. I don't know if they're original to the Chevy but they appeal to be identical. $50 for the pair

* 4 black steelies 15"X7" 5 on 5.5" Ford/Dodge bolt pattern. These fit the 10ish" dog dish caps $100 not including shipping

* 4 4x4 Ford / Dodge dog dish caps. These have the hole in 2 of them for the locking hubs $75

* 2 15X7 steelies 5 on 5" fullsize Pontiac bolt pattern. These fit the 64+ Pontiac dog dish caps $50 not including shipping

* '67 big block Buick oil pan $45

* '62 Buick 15" Fullsize caps. Nice shape $75

* 61?-63? Pontiac dog dish caps. These are the ones they used on the Super Duties. They have some surface rust on the back, the chrome is OK, they have small dings. $100

I'm sure there's more shit. I need the room. Those are just asking prices, make me an offer
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:14 am

I have lots of little parts like coil brackets and wire loom shit and stuff like that. I'll see what else I can dig up.
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 am

i'll take that 59 4 speed hydramatic if ya wanna come up to canada!!LOL I dont like this 2 speed powerglide, but if its not too costly i have a 350 turbo hydra sitting in my garage i can bolt up but i have to cut the small driveshaft a bit so it will work. If i do that then i will not use the column shifter but have it from the floor up to the ceiling with some sort of cool shifter knob.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 am

A TH350 should be a bolt in swap shouldn' it?

We pulled a power glide out of a 68 Firebird and put in a Th350. It was a direct bolt in, driveshaft an all

The Th350 won't do much for gas mileage since final gear ratio is still 1:1 but with a lower first gear it should help you out off the line. I guess that's why people love to race those power glides. The 1st and 2nd gears are super close so the RPMS don't drop between shifts but with a 1.6??? first gear they need to run low gears to get those things moving.
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:43 am

your right, it will just bolt in but the 350 is from what ive been told is slightly longer than the powerglide so i need to cut the little driveshaft. Im not lookin for speed, its just when your cruising it needs some more damn gears!! Sounds like im driveing a standard in 1st gear all the time and with headers and cherry bombs, it (i dare to say) can be a little loud after awhile Time to clean out the garage AGAIN 617550
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Chech this out

http://www.maliburacing.com/auto_tranny_id.htm

That shows that PG and 350s both had different size tailshafts but none of them line up. Maybe it's different for the BOP PowerGlides and BOP 350s because ours didn't require any modifications. The kick down cables and the dip sticks were slightly different though.

Shortening the driveshaft is not a big deal. I got all new Ujoints put in mine, the carrier bearing repacked and got it shortened 3" for $109 at a local shop and it only took them 45 minutes.
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm

forgive me but what do you mean by bop? That is a good price, i was thinking 2-3 hundred so thats a better price!
Back to top Go down
manicmechanic

manicmechanic

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 pm

59canadianponcho wrote:
forgive me but what do you mean by bop? That is a good price, i was thinking 2-3 hundred so thats a better price!

BOP = Buick, Olds, Pontiac Time to clean out the garage AGAIN Thumb%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to clean out the garage AGAIN   Time to clean out the garage AGAIN Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to clean out the garage AGAIN
Page 1 of 1