Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1959 pontiac

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
palmer59

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: 1959 pontiac   1959 pontiac EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Parents are still trying to get a duplicate of the title for my Great great great grandpas car. Not having much luck and getting a bit discouraged. Every time I log onto this site I forget my usb card to put pictures on. I am still looking for the right donor car. My dad is needing floor pans both front and rear. Everything under the hood but engine ( whatever that means) ( he can't remember why the car got parked). Power steering. Generator. Radiator. Trim for the rear fender and one of the tail fins. All in all a really good donor car. This one is really rough and my one grandpa thinks its a waste of time, money, and effort. But dad is determined.Thanks for any info or help.
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1959 pontiac   1959 pontiac EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:51 pm

There is a guy named Bill in Lubbock, Texas who is selling 2 complete 1959 Catalina 4 door sedans for about 1200$ for the pair. If I had the spare cash I would grab those in a heart beat. IF you would like his contact info let me know
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
CATBIRD

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Restoration   1959 pontiac EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:17 am

palmer59.....Don't get discouraged! There is help out here. It is not as easy to restore these cars as it is for say Chevells/GTOs, Camaro/Firebirds, or even Rustangs, but it is not impossible. It would be easier to help if we knew exactly what your Catalina is. Engine, transmission, options, body style (2-door, 4-door, sedan, hardtop, wagon) etc......John
Back to top Go down
palmer59

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1959 pontiac   1959 pontiac EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Will get the technical info sunday when I go out for easter. The computer I am using isn't recognizing my phone so I can't get pictures to ya till I try a differant one. All I know is it is a 2dr hard top. The price for the catalinas in tx is awesome! Idk if any parts would work off them or not. If so we would be more than happy to have his contact info. I've searched and searched and have come up with little. Mostly cars that are completed already. The good news is I guess they finally found the keys to it but still no luck on the title. Any ideas if my dad can't get the title? Im sure it varies by state. Thanks again and I will keep sharing as new info comes along. The 1956 Ford is finally done and they are planning on moving so it's a slow process that'd I'd love to see go faster. That car is in rough shape but it's still really neat!
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
CATBIRD

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Parts car   1959 pontiac EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:56 am

palmer59.....The VIN# isn't much help in determining the parts car you need. It does give you some information about your car though. The "1" signifies that it is a Catalina; the "59" is for the year 1959; "P" is the final assembly plant Pontiac Michigan; and it was the 14456th Catalina produced for that plant (started with # 1001). Under the hood there should be an aluminum trim tag riveted to the cowl just ahead of the windshield. If you in fact have a hardtop, (Pontiac called them Sport Coupes) the tag should read 59-2137. The tag also would have a code for paint (a letter or two), interior trim (two or three numbers), the Fisher Body Plant and body # (two letters and several numbers), and sometimes letter codes for accessories. Having said that, all 59's were identical from the steering wheel forward, except for some minor trim differences between models, and the windshields and "A pillar" trim. This means that fenders, hoods, wheelwells, radiators, grills, bumpers, front suspensions, steering gear and dashes are all the same. Windshields are body style specific eg. 2 door hardtops, convertibles, and I think Vistas are interchangable. Sedans and wagons are not. Doors are the same as windshields. Quarterpanels are Model and style specific: Bonneville and Starchief quarters are too long for Catalinas as are trunk lids. Obviously 4 door Catalina quarters don't fit a 2 door, but trunk lids do. One final note, all of the floor pans for 1959 Chevrolets are being reproduced, and they are exactly the same as all Pontiac pans. Reproduction trunk pans are also available. Hope this helps for now......John
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1959 pontiac   1959 pontiac EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Shouldn't the VIN tell you what model it is though? I know with Buicks the first number tells you whether its a Lesabre or Electra or Invicta if I'm not mistaken. Is that all you can learn from the VIN?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
CATBIRD

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Vin #   1959 pontiac EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Robert.....In a word yes. The first number is the model. "1" is Catalina, "4" is Starchief, "8" is Bonneville, and "7" is Bonneville Safari. In 1960 they added "3" for Ventura......John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1959 pontiac Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1959 pontiac   1959 pontiac Empty

Back to top Go down

1959 pontiac
Page 1 of 1