Pontiac-59.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pontiac-59.com

Welcome

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom air cleaners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

Custom air cleaners Empty
PostSubject: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 2:29 am

I didn't want an air cleaner that you could buy at a store. I wanted something different. I thought about getting 2 big indian head logos water jetted out of aluminum to use at the air cleaner top. I ruled that out as being too costly. So I stood staring at my carbs sitting there and then it came to me...take a hubcap, cut it down to size and use that as the air cleaner top! I've never seen it done and it would be cool!

So I bought these off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250234973017

Cheap, cool, easy to make work.

So I get the hubcaps, My first thought, what the hell these are 15" not 14" and they're dished, the pictures made them look semi flat...oh well I'll unbolt the center cap and just bolt that onto the air cleaners I bought. This is what I came up with...

Custom air cleaners Aircleaners

So I get home and look on ebay to see how I could have misremembered the hubcaps. WTF??? the guy sent the wrong hubcaps!!!! Now I don't want to have to unbolt them, send them back, wait for mine. Hopefully he'll just let me keep these and charge me for the ones I wanted. Unless these belong to an ebayer and I ended up with theirs and they got mine.

What do ya think?

Any idea what they're from? They say Pontiac motor division. I thought the tri bar design was a must. Luckily the wrong pair had some sort of "spinner" tri bar design. The main problem with these is the bars are about 1.25". They barely fit under my hood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Pontiac-59.com
starchief1959

starchief1959

PostSubject: Re: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 am

Looks good, nice custom look. Dang you get good ideas....
Back to top Go down
59canadianponcho

59canadianponcho

PostSubject: Re: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

love em, and im stealing that idea!! can I? I will give you credit if anybody asks.
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 am

I'm here to inspire! haha

I'm still waiting for the hubcaps I wanted. I think they'll look better. Look up 1960 Pontiac and you'll see a set of these hubcaps on ebay right now if you want this exact look.
Back to top Go down
2_VistaHardtops

PostSubject: Re: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:10 am

That is definitley a cool ass idea!
Back to top Go down
starchief_59
Admin
starchief_59

PostSubject: Re: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks! I thought it was a nice touch that I had not seen before
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom air cleaners   Custom air cleaners Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom air cleaners
Page 1 of 1